Leidos' Integrated Systems Group currently has an opening for an Engineering Technician in the Natick, MA area.
Leidos is seeking a qualified Engineering Technician to provide technical support to the DoD Operational Energy and Base Camp Improvement programs. These positions will include substantial travel. The successful candidate will be ready and able to deploy within a 72-hour notice anywhere in the world (CONUS and OCONUS) to include areas of operation during wartime. When deployed, will work as much as sixteen-hour days depending on mission requirements.
• Provide site-preparation, set-up, maintenance and training in areas to include the Force Provider Base Camp Heating and Air Conditioning (H-VAC Systems), Power Generation systems, high voltage, water storage and distribution Systems, Gray/Black water systems and mobile hygiene facilities (showers, latrines, laundries).
• Support in the testing and evaluation of current and new equipment programs, monitoring ongoing production, design and input of selected equipment and training to gaining units.
• When deployed will work directly with a field commander.
• Provide guidance to other less experienced team members.
• High School diploma with 4+ years of overall related experience.
• Ability to successfully complete a physical examination for OCONUS travel.
• Ability to deploy either CONUS or OCONUS for up to 4 months at a time.
• US citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
• Technical certifications, licenses and/or degrees
• Military experience in combat service support or logistics
• Knowledge of Base Camp Design as well as standard operating procedures for Military Practices.
• Knowledge of product level drawing verification and document preparation for engineering change support.
• Functional knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems including motors, pumps, engines, generators, fluid flow, and HVAC systems as well as EPA guidelines.
• Configuration Control, preservation and packaging system knowledge
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500 ® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions ®
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 75% of the time
Shift: Day Job