Advance Design & Systems is a growing Custom Automation Design Company. We specialize in automated equipment, prototype fixtures and tooling for the medical, aerospace, web handling and water filtration industries. Our on-site team includes Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Automation assemble including UL508A listed Control Systems and Precision Manufacturing. We are currently accepting resumes for the following position at our Vadnais Heights location:
Senior Automation Controls Engineer
Position is responsible for developing the electrical control designs and software for custom automation systems built to specifications provided by customers.
- Develop electrical designs, schematics and drawings in AutoCAD with working knowledge of UL 508A and CE standards
- Interpret mechanical design drawings for electrical requirements (Solidworks)
- Research supplier products for assembly components
- Develop electrical Bill of Materials
- Design and develop software based on requirements and specifications for PLC’s, HMI’s, vision systems and robots.
- Power up systems and configure hardware
- Trouble shoot hardware and software to complete integration.
- Install equipment at customer sites and conduct FAT’s.
- Provide support to sales and applications engineers to develop proposals
- BSEE degree preferred
- 5 plus years’ experience in the automation industry
- Proficient in design / drafting with AutoCAD electrical. Solidworks a Plus
- Experience with A/B PLC’s, HMI’s, drives and motion control
- Experience with Vision systems (Cognex Keyence)
- MS Office(Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Project) Basic and C++
This Full-Time position offers flexible hours, medical/dental benefits, holiday, vacation pay, and individual retirement accounts. Wage is based on experience.
Job Type: Full-time