- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain secret security clearance
KAES is looking for a highly motivated, forward-thinking airframe stress analyst / engineer to join our team. KAES has been primarily supporting multiple DoD programs for a number of years. The analysis scope is wide, across multiple programs, providing a diversity of projects to work. KAES prides itself in safe, fast, effective solutions which keeps the customers coming back for more!
- Analyze aircraft primary and secondary structure. Analysis may include new mods and/or rework of existing structure.
- Develop loads/stresses using finite element models ranging from coarse air vehicle models to fastener level break-out models.
- Perform static analysis using classical and OEM methods as dictated by the aircraft platform and customer.
- Perform strain-life fatigue analysis using classical methods and/or finite element analysis.
- Perform crack initiation life determinations in accordance with platform requirements.
- Efficient turn around of analysis tasks to support fleet needs using a common sense approach.
- Develop refined finite element models from coarse, air-vehicle loads models when classical methods are not sufficient.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering Preferred)
- 5+ years of experience
- US citizen with the ability to obtain secret security clearance
- Firm understanding of aircraft load path
- Ability to work from home in an efficient, self-disciplined manner
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and written
- Above average computer skills
- Masters Degree
- 10+ years of stress experience on DoD platforms
- Experience with NAVAIR analysis and reporting requirements
- Experience with MSC Patran, Apex, NASTRAN, and/or FEMAP
- CAD experience using Siemens NX
- Advanced use of MS Excel and VBA scripting
- Competitive salary/benefit package (401K, PTO, Insurance, etc.)
- Small company with frequent interaction with owners and other team members
- Rapidly growing with the opportunity to get in on the ground floor and take the lead on emerging opportunities
- All required hardware and software are provided
KAES is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full-time