Norman Building & Design has an immediate full-time opening for a CAD Drafter/Designer. Our firm specializes in design-build of custom boutique single-family homes, and we work closely as a team throughout the entire design and construction process. We are looking for a self-motivated employee with a growth mindset for our company. This role would work in a collaborative environment with all project managers and other team members to deliver the best product for our clients and work closely with our founder in developing documentation for his home designs. This role is expected to assist in the design and manage the documentation of six to eight new builds and five to ten remodels per year.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversight and management of the department, including determining and enforcing day to day tasks of junior drafter(s) and redlining documents for junior drafter(s)’ completion
- Produce accurate construction drawings including architectural and framing plans and exterior elevations using Revit
- Produce site plans and other related site drawings
- Coordinate consultants including structural engineer, civil engineer, landscape designer, floor joist manufacturer, roof truss manufacturer, and/or solar designer as applicable by project
- Manage submittals and any needed revisions or corrections to the City of Bend, design review committees, and/or Deschutes County as applicable by project
- Full working understanding of residential construction drawings, including structural engineering and site design
- Working knowledge of the 2017 ORSC
- Minimum of 10 years of residential CAD experience, preferably Revit
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to self-manage and set priorities
- Ability to coordinate with and manage multiple team members
- High-level computer proficiency
- Solid work ethic
- A singular focus for accuracy
Norman Building & Design offers a great benefits package to full-time employees that includes a health plan, dental plan, vision plan, life insurance, a 401k plan with employer contributions, minimum two weeks paid vacation and eight paid holidays a year. We are a smoke free and vape free workplace. Our culture is important to us and we are looking to hire curious, interesting, loyal folks who enjoy working hard and helping our clients build and remodel their custom homes. We are a team-based company with each employee operating at the individual contributor level – meaning we all must be the experts at what we bring to the table.
Norman Building and Design is an equal opportunity employer.
Pay is DOE.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Drafting: 10 years (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 10 years (Preferred)