Central Machine & Marine is looking for a Quality Control Manager, with a minimum of 5 years of quality assurance and management experience in a machining/ fabrication shop environment. CMM offers a competitive salary, benefits & pension plan.
Must have knowledge in some or all of the following areas:
- Blueprint reading and interpretation including GD&T
- Materials knowledge for structural steel and fluid fittings
- Pressure vessel and piping components per BPVC Sec VIII
- Microsoft based programs i.e.: Word, Excel, Outlook
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA)
- Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB)
- Registering pressure fittings, vessels, etc. with a Canadian Registration Number
- Machine Shop measuring equipment
- Organizational skills / logistics
- Oversee quality programs and personnel to ensure that all items leaving the shop are within the scope of customer requirements in regards to quality and are to the customers specification.
- Manage quality inspectors on the shop floor
- Write and maintain all procedures, quality documents, check sheets and manuals as required by ISO
- Manage & track all NCR’s
- Conduct and assist with ISO and TSSA audits
- Ensure all Code work follows the TSSA QC Manual
- Implement and maintain new quality systems, such as Z299.3, as requested by new customers
- Ensure all measuring equipment is calibrated as required by ISO and that the calibration log is kept up to date
- Write weld procedures and work with welding engineer to have procedures stamped and approved.
- Work with Fabrication foreman to qualify welders to weld procedures
- Keep organized records of all weld procedures and qualified welders
- Schedule TSSA Inspector for reviews and sign offs
- Oversee completion of data packages as required by the customer to customer specs.
CMM is a large scale machine and fabrication shop founded in 1973. Our South western Ontario location is strategically situated at the center of the great lakes waterway system to facilitate our marine repair and service division as well as the industries and refineries of the area. For the past 40 years we have steadily grown into a 60,000 square foot service and manufacturing facility capable of handling large projects involving varying degrees of intricacies. This is a diverse environment that involves both marine and petrochemical industries in breakdown emergency repair as well as new local construction projects.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Control: 5 years (Preferred)