Posting #: 2021- 012
Date of posting: October 27 , 2021
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado 80524
Residency Requirement: U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card)
Time commitment: Full time
Travel requirements: Possible occasional travel for onsite work with clients
Reporting structure: Reports to Lead Controls Engineer
Salary Range: $80,000 – $130,000
Czero seeks an experienced Controls Engineer with deep expertise in software and programming for developing embedded systems for complex machines. The ideal candidate will have experience with MATLAB/Simulink code generation and/or embedded controls. The engineer in this role will work as part of an agile, highly collaborative R&D team that designs and develops prototype systems in advanced automotive, oil and gas, clean tech, aerospace, transportation, and other industries.
In our R&D work, we frequently develop embedded controls systems and subsystems; including:
- Rapid controls prototyping (RCP) of real-time systems
- Development of control and testing systems for automotive and other applications
- Test system development including data acquisition
- Generation of system validation plans and their execution
Bachelor's degree in mechanical or electrical engineering with specialization in controls (advanced degree preferred).
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 5 years of experience developing embedded controls systems, but this position can be structured to make it well suited for someone with much more experience.
Essential for this position:
- Expertise in all phases of embedded software development. Practical knowledge in developing controls algorithms in one or more of the following; C/C++, MATLAB/Simulink or National instrument LabVIEW.
- Proficiency in controls design, software development, embedded code generation, data analysis.
- Ability to apply skills to modeling, simulation, code development, and implementation in the test cell and laboratory.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- A passionate interest, shared with everyone on the Czero team, in developing profitable innovations that make a positive global impact.
- Commitment to Czero’s goals and a desire for continuous improvement.
- Work with clients and other stakeholders to define system objectives and specifications.
- Develop new concepts and designs to solve challenging R&D projects.
- Develop control solutions for diverse devices, machines and applications that incorporate various control strategies.
- Select and implement hardware (rapid prototyping systems, data acquisition, etc.) and software platforms to support desired architecture.
- Develop and test algorithms to meet system objectives.
- Model systems to determine expected performance.
- Apply established tools for software documentation, adherence to requirements, version control, and meeting system objectives for performance and quality.
- Hands-on testing, validation, and implementation of control systems in laboratory environments and in the field.
Additional consideration given to those with experience in these areas:
- Automotive, oil and gas, aerospace, heavy industrial or clean tech industries.
- Development of new hybrid architectures and intelligent control systems to update traditional technologies for higher performance and greater efficiency.
- Experience in machine learning and artificial intelligence.
The right fit for our team
Beyond technical ability, we’re looking for someone who is smart, creative, innovative, hardworking, able to handle multiple projects at a time, and enjoys tough challenges. In our continuously changing and highly creative project environment, everyone at Czero has an innate desire to learn and broaden their knowledge base and engineering skills. Additionally, we have a true team environment, so it’s crucial that you can collaborate effectively with diverse team members.
If you join us, you will be immediately contributing to a project team of other motivated and passionate problem solvers as we strive to deliver the best designs for our customers and positively impact the environment.
Salary and Benefits
Czero offers a flexible and collaborative workplace with competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including:
- Employer sponsored health
- Employer paid Long Term Disability
- 401k retirement plan with employer match.
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off, accumulating from your first day.
- Annual discretionary bonus and salary adjustments.
- Family leave
At Czero we work on a wide variety of projects, for companies large and small, innovating new, and further developing existing mechanical, electromechanical, and electrohydraulic systems and subsystems and the associated controls. Czero specializes in early-stage research and development of innovative technologies in the energy sector, in particular those that reduce energy consumption and/or harmful emissions. At any given time, our projects may include wave energy, compressed air storage, hydrogen infrastructure, automotive powertrains and valvetrains, fuel cells, and hydraulic power systems, to name a few.
Czero is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and do not discriminate based on disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state, provincial or local laws.
Please do not contact us regarding this or other positions at Czero; we already have an established relationship with a great recruiting team. Thanks!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Work Location: One location