Maintains Railroad Trains by inspecting Locomotives and Passenger Rail vehicles; repairing and replacing parts.
This is for a Night Shift Position.
* Prepares rail vehicles by installing modifications; completing inspections
* Completes preventive maintenance program by inspecting and servicing rail vehicles; conducting performance tests; changing usable components.
* Repairs rail vehicles by interviewing Operators, Engineers, and Conductors; diagnosing problem; testing functions using test equipment; repairing or replacing parts using hand tools and equipment.
* Maintains rail vehicle records by completing forms.
* Maintains safe rail vehicle operation by passing federal inspections; following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
* Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Lifting, Energy Level, Dependability, Persistence, Time Management, Attendance, Independence, Safety Management, Problem Solving, Dealing with Complexity, Analyzing Information
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Mechanic experience: 1 year (Required)
- Diesel engines
- Mechanic experience
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma