Lead Engineer - Mechanical
Stauffer Diesel, a leading distributor of Diesel Engines, Gas Engines, Power Generation and Marine Products, throughout the Northeast and Midwestern United States, has an immediate opening for a Lead Engineer at our Ephrata, Pennsylvania facility. The Person filling this position will be responsible for the overall success of our engineering department, in the development and design of diesel power units, electrical generator sets, and OEM specific products, as required by our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage the design of engine driven products, from concept to test, to meet customer expectations.
- Collaborate with Sales and Production departments to develop new products and improvements to existing products, based on customer requirements and feedback.
- Oversee test procedures for new products, to determine reliability, performance, and safety protocol, based on specific applications.
- Assist with integration of electronic engine control systems into new products.
- Oversee and perform all phases of product design and development, including drawings,BOM creation, part number identification, QC, and assembly procedures, as well as development of all customer required documentation.
- Work with suppliers to ensure selection of quality components for use in our packages.
- Occasional travel to customer facilities to perform installation & application reviews as required by the engine manufacturers we represent.
- Actively participate in company and manufacturer provided training opportunities.
- Coach and lead team with personal professional development, along with directing opportunities and resources for learning.
- Stay current on industry regulations and trends related to design, manufacturing, and support components.
- Schedule and manage the engineering team to meet deadlines as required for each project.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a closely related engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in an engineering role with Diesel Engine powered equipment, part of that time being in a supervisory position.
- Prior experience with the design and application of mobile construction or agricultural equipment preferred. Marine and Power Generation experience a plus.
- Must possess the ability to mentor and lead a team through positive example.
- Proficiency in Solidworks 3D modeling and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to manage and organize multiple project tasks to meet established deadlines.
- Must possess good verbal, phone, and interpersonal skills, with job-appropriate proficiency in the English language.
- Must be willing to travel, as required, to qualify suppliers, support specific sales opportunities, conduct installation reviews, and perform final commissioning of prototypes.
- Must be able to climb stairs, stand for long periods of time, and lift heavy objects, up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a drug test, background check and MVR check.
What We Offer:
- Competitive wages.
- Company paid training programs.
- Health/ Dental/ Vision Insurance available.
- 401K with company match.
- Company paid life and disability insurance. Supplemental Life, Disability, Accident insurance is available.
- Paid Time Off for holidays and vacation.
- Clean, safe, modern work environment.
- Relocation assistance considered for the right candidate.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Application Engineer Diesel Engines: 5 years (Required)
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible