Thatcher Company, Inc. is a privately owned company based in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is a diversified chemical manufacturer, compounder, re-packager and distributor. Thatcher Company, Inc and its affiliated companies have over 500 employees in 15 locations in the USA. The company was founded in 1967 and is financially strong with excellent growth prospects. The company has never had a losing year, has no outside debt and has financed all its growth internally. Thatcher’s diversification, coupled with ever broadening product offerings, allows us to provide job security to our employees and respond to the changing needs of our customers and the marketplace. Our core values include insuring safety in all our activities, proper environment stewardship, a focus on providing our customers superior products and service, insuring employee success, win-win relationships and continuous improvement. The founder of our company set up a defined contribution Profit Sharing Plan to reward the efforts and loyalty of all our employees. It is fully funded by the company and no employee contribution or match is an element of the plan. The plan allows for a yearly contribution of up to 25% of an employee’s salary. The results of company operations are reviewed every year to determine the contribution amount for each employee. 2019 marked the 45th consecutive year of maximum funding.
Quality Assurance Engineer
The Quality Assurance Engineer is a position that reports to the Quality Assurance Manager. This position is responsible for management of Quality Assurance documentation including, but not limited to MPRs, Repack Records, SDSs, Product Bulletins, Product Specifications, and Product Labels. This position will also provide technical support to the LIMS Administrator. The scope of responsibilities for this position will focus primarily on Industrial and Food/Dairy products, however, some responsibility overlap with Pharmaceutical Quality and Regulatory Compliance functions is anticipated. This position is based in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Standardize safety critical documents such as SDSs, revising and updating the existing library of SDSs. Maintain SDS management and control system to ensure control and timely deployment of SDSs to SLC and Thatcher Company branches.
- Standardize product collateral documents such as specifications, product labels, technical bulletins, etc., revising and updating the existing library of collateral documents as needed.
- Construct and implement ERP-based standardized batch records for SLC and Branches. Manage ERP-based BPR system once implemented. Standardize and construct repack, load and unload documentation for SLC and Branches.
- Resolve documentation and/or compositional information issues as they arise.
- Interface with Sales Management to provide prototype documents (SDSs, Product Specifications, Product Bulletins, Product Labels) needed during sales lead development.
- Resolve, working with Dispatch and QA, production and documentation issues that arise during Second Shift operations.
- Manage Food/Dairy Product Stability Testing system.
- Provide backup support to LIMS Administrator.
- BA/BS Degree (Chemistry Preferred) with prior management experience.
- Broad knowledge of PCs and Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills.
- General understanding of Quality documentation as related to Chemical Products (SDSs, Product Specifications, Product Bulletins).
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time.
- No heavy lifting required.
What’s In It for You?
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Benefit package including health, accident, life, and dental insurance plans.
- Significant defined contribution retirement plan which is 100% employer paid.
Thatcher Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – Preference for Local Candidates
Job Type: Full-time
- FDA regulated Quality Assurance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job