Vibracoustic has an opening for a Supplier Development Engineer at our South Haven, MI Regional Corporate Office.
The primary responsibility of the Supplier Development Engineer is to work closely with Commodity Managers to improve, manage, and develop the current supplier base in North America while supporting Vibracoustic overall company performance goals.
Supplier Development Engineer Tasks:
- Assesses and develops new suppliers.
- Monitors Supplier Performance for all of North America supply base.
- Initiates supplier improvement activities based on Top 10 Worst List.
- Maintains, assesses, and improves existing supplier base.
- Assists plants for major quality concerns, problem solving method, and global corrective actions.
- Provides technical assistance in project phase prior to Supplier Preparation Meetings.
- Provides project team with product and process expertise during Supplier Preparation Meetings.
- Support Resourcing and Supplier VA/VE activities.
- Support supplier business review meetings.
- Support development activities focused on specific commodities.
Supplier Development Engineer Profile:
- Bachelor/Master in technical field.
- Five years of experience in related fields.
- Expertise in specific manufacturing processes in any of these commodities - Casting (Al & Fe), Al Extrusion, Plastics, Stampings, etc.
- Travel schedule can be lengthy at times including overseas travel.
Candidates for positions with Vibracoustic must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Vibracoustic is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Vibracoustic offers a solid track record of growth and expansion in the highly competitive automotive industry as well as a complete benefits package including health/prescription/dental/vision options, short term disability, long term disability, basic life insurance, additional optional life insurance amounts available including spouse and dependent child coverage, flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a company match.
Please apply online at: http://www.vibracoustic.com/careers/vacancies
Vibracoustic, 400 Aylworth Ave., South Haven, MI 49090-1796
Job Type: Full-time