The Production Associate classification utilizes entry level skills to support general high volume automated, semi-automated, and operator loaded machining and manufacturing equipment.
1. Typical tasks assigned include manual, semi-automated, and automated assembly and testing of products and components as required by the manufacturing process and work instructions. Production Associates perform other more general tasks such as material movement, sorting, staging of product and subassemblies, janitorial and custodial support.
2. The Production Associate may be required to operate manual and automated equipment such as floor sweepers and scrubbers. When working in the material handling function, the Production Associate may be required to operate a series of fork lifts and material movement devices under the authorization of an operator's license issued by the Environmental Health and Safety department.
3. Production Associates may from time to time be required to transport and identified various production support materials such as waste fluids, hazardous materials, and other materials used during the manufacturing process or that are generated during the various manufacturing processes. NOTE: Any Production Associate that performs this function MUST be certified by the Environmental Safety and Health department and MUST demonstrate proficiency in handling, identifying, labeling, and processing special Hazardous materials.
4. Good listening skills are important because many of the recommendations and critical work issues received from technicians, supervisors, and engineering personnel, are most often conveyed verbally. The correct understanding of these issues and related information is key to the Production Associate individual's success in the job.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- High School Diploma or GED
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
- Computer literate and keyboard proficient.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to utilize basic shop floor math combined with writing skills to prepare various shop floor reports and data input sheets.
- Good manual dexterity and excellent visual acuity.
- Must be willing to work day or night shifts as scheduled, as well as required overtime.
- Ability to lift and carry (unassisted) 25 pounds for a distance of at least 100 feet.
SPECIFIC JOB TASK REQUIREMENTS
1. Function as an active team member. Includes coordination of work assignment with other Production Associate personnel in area.
2. Communicates workflow and other key information to oncoming or relief operator at shift overlaps and shift changes to minimize delays.
3. Reviews daily production schedules to assure knowledge of daily requirements and verifies correct materials/parts are selected based on product to be run.
4. Interfaces with technical and supervision to assure job assignment is totally understood.
5. Reads and follows designated checklists and work instructions as required. Signs or initials to indicate compliance.
6. Maintains a safe and clean work area and environment.
7. Utilizes personal protective equipment and special clothing/garb as appropriate for assigned area.
8. Observes all safety and environmental requirements of the process and work area.
9. Trains and cross trains new Production Associates when assigned.
10. Operates manufacturing equipment in area assigned at required uptimes and first pass yields and verifies correct configuration at each shift change or product/component changeover.
11. Conduct recovery of machines from cold starts, and power outages in addition to proper shutdown of machines as appropriate.
12. Observes manufacturing equipment during operation to detect machinery malfunctions. This includes monitor of setup and in-process scrap for defects and defect trends.
13. Conducts visual examination of products, components and subassemblies for various processing defects such as blemishes, and missed operations and takes corrective action.
14. Verifies manufacturing machining processes conform to functional and customer specifications.
15. Prepares and records production performance data as required by the process and supervision and prepares appropriate written or computer based reports.
16. Conduct routine minor and preventative maintenance of machinery to include operator periodic maintenance, alignments, lubrications, and other service schedule requirements.
17. Properly identifies, labels, and processes production scrap and or rework produced during the workday.
18. Moves, stages and transports production materials and inventories as required
19. Stages parts and subassemblies for production processing.
20. Records in-process and raw material count and quantity usage information and enters in SAP/MRS system to assure correct consumption accountability.
21. Orders supplies, makes inquiries about product location, inputs product information, and generates appropriate labeling.
22. Packs and stages materials at all levels of processing and work in process.
23. If required for the department, you may operate a forklift, floor sweepers and scrubbers to perform required and routine janitorial and custodial services. (MUST have license)
24. Collects and disposes of trash and waste materials as required during routine housekeeping tasks.
25. Transports and identified various production support materials such as waste fluids, hazardous materials, and other materials used during the manufacturing process or that are generated during the various manufacturing processes. NOTE: Any Production Associate that performs this function MUST be certified by the Environmental Safety and Health department and MUST demonstrate proficiency in handling, identifying, labeling, and processing special Hazardous materials.
26. Conducts any other work assignment as required or directed by supervision or management.
Prior manufacturing experience
Basic computer skills
Experience with basic hand tools
Proficiency in basic Metric to English unit conversions
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Gute Bedingungen für verschiedene Versicherungen
Mitarbeiterrabatt für Unternehmensprodukte
Mitarbeiter werben Mitarbeiter
Vitesco Technologies is a leading international developer and manufacturer of state-of-the-art powertrain technologies for sustainable mobility. With smart system solutions and components for electric, hybrid and internal combustion vehicles, Vitesco Technologies makes mobility clean, efficient and affordable. The product range includes electric drives, electronic control units, sensors and actuators, and exhaust-gas aftertreatment solutions. In 2019, Vitesco Technologies, a Continental business area, recorded sales of EUR 7.8 billion and employs almost 40,000 people at around 50 locations worldwide. Vitesco Technologies is headquartered in Regensburg, Germany.
Fertigung Betrieb & Produktion
Nice to know
Continentals Spezialisten aus unterschiedlichen Disziplinen treiben den Trend des Automatisierten Fahrens mit aller Innovationskraft voran.
Direkt zur Karriere Website