What you can expect at Westlake:
- Common drive. As an 'Innovative Small Business' award-winner, we share a passion to be more than average.
- Diverse clients & projects. A variety of project types, from residential, to high-precision industrial measurement for complex construction, to 3D laser scanning for mapping.
- A tightly-knit team. Together, we embrace the hard work it takes to be an industry leader. Together, we celebrate our accomplishments with killer barbeques & holiday parties.
- A horizontal organizational style. Contributions of all team members are valued and integral to our success.
- Investment in you & the technology you use. We're committed to training and professional development for our team, and to making sure you have the state-of-the-art equipment you need to do your job.
- Incentives for joining our team. A hiring bonus for new placement.
Westlake Consultants is a multi-disciplined consulting firm specializing in land surveying, civil engineering, land use planning, and construction management from our centrally located office in Tigard, Oregon. Established in 1983, our motto of "Begin with the end in mind" illustrates our commitment to client satisfaction. Our clientele is well established, and our work encompasses a broad spectrum of services for government agencies, public service providers, real estate developers, renewable energy developers, attorneys, and others.
Land Surveying Manager - As a leader in providing consulting surveying services in the Portland Metropolitan area, Westlake Consultants, Inc., is seeking to add a department manager to the staff. This manager will lead our team of project surveyors who work with public agencies, developers, law firms, and lending institutions. The qualified candidate’s job responsibilities include:
- Develop, prepare and review project scope of work, estimates, and proposals
- Coordinate with clients regarding scope of work, costs, schedule, deliverable and invoicing requirements
- Prepare WCI project setup with contract and client information, scope of work and phases
- Coordinate with Westlake survey management regarding schedules, man hour needs, equipment requirements and staff assignments
- Prepare defined instructions for field survey and project mapping requirements
- Perform research of survey and deed records, prepare calculations of field data for mapping and resolutions for boundary and easement lines
- Review requirements for mapping of projects and oversee completion of final work product
- Monitor progress of work product related to scope of work, schedule, and budgets
- Perform calculations for boundary and ALTA surveys
- Perform QA/QC for survey mapping projects
- Assist with preparing invoices and review of task budgets
- Ensure quality control standards are being performed
- Assist with business development of survey services
- Attend PLSO functions
- Respond to RFP’s for on-call survey services
- Initiate contacts with new and former clients
- Assist with developing marketing tools
The successful candidate will have a proven history of supervising, training and mentoring of survey technical staff and field personnel with respect to Boundary, Topo, ALTA, and subdivisions. Strong communication and marketing skills; familiarity with Civil 3D required.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
100% company-paid competitive benefit package
- medical and dependent care flexible benefit plan
- company-paid short term disability insurance policy
FINANCIAL WELL BEING
- company-paid term life and AD&D and optional policies
- professional education and licensure allowances
- in-house continuing education opportunities
WORK / LIFE BALANCE
- paid vacation time, sick leave, 7 paid holidays
We are parents, coaches, board members, and dog lovers. We work together to achieve scheduling flexibility in order to meet personal and professional goals.
Job Type: Full-time
- survey development: 5 years (Required)