The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
We are searching for a Junior Level Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will perform a variety of engineering and non-engineering tasks related to environmental field sampling activities, environmental compliance reports and geographic information system data entry and analysis. We are looking for an individual has a basic understanding of their subject area and will be able to complete assigned tasks with limited guidance.
Job assignments will include but not be limited to the following activities:
Use of the following software:
- Use of field investigation equipment, such as zoom cameras or measuring devices, during sewer investigation or cleaning activities in the San Juan Metropolitan Area
- Electronic data gathering for sewer cleaning activities in the San Juan Metropolitan Area
- Electronic data gathering for sewer investigation activities in the San Juan Metropolitan Area
- Wastewater and water quality data entry and analysis
- Wastewater flow and precipitation data entry and analysis
- Water quality field sampling activities for biological toxicity testing
- Wastewater treatment plant and marine water quality field sampling
- Development of sewer system operation and maintenance training materials
- Management of contractor activities for sewer flow monitoring studies and sewer investigation projects
- Analysis of sewer system data
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Project)
- ArcGIS tools (ArcMap, Collector)
- CAD software
- Programming languages (VBA, SQL, Python)
BS or MS required in any of the following disciplines:
environmental, civil, or chemical
Two to three years of experience preferred
Physical capacity to perform field activities such as lifting heavy items including but not limited to water coolers , manhole covers, walking for long durations, and carrying sewer investigation equipment among others
Bilingual written and oral communication in English and Spanish
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .