The University of Iowa Information Technology Services organization (ITS), a campus-wide provider of technology services for academic, research, and service missions, is seeking to fill a position for a Web Application Developer. The primary responsibilities of this position include the design, installation, configuration, administration, security, operational integrity, and support of custom-developed or integrated software solutions.
We are looking for candidates who enjoy supporting a diverse customer base in a contemporary work environment. Projects include working directly with colleges, organizations, departments and end users to create and/or redesign websites in Drupal.
Excellent critical and analytical thinking skills are required, as is the ability to multitask. With a great University Capital Center office location, we provide a challenging work environment with the best that the University and Iowa City has to offer.
This position is not eligible for H1b sponsorship.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain Drupal multisite applications in a cloud hosted environment including security and technology updates
- Design and development of web properties to meet campus needs including websites, intranets and e-commerce solutions
- Meet with non-technical peers to define and gather requirements for web projects
- Document application systems and procedures
- Succeed in a team environment as well as collaborate and consult with the campus developer community
- Guide and mentor junior support staff and University or Iowa student employees
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Graphic Design or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Considerable experience (typically 3-5 years) in application development, graphic design or website design, and building programmatic solutions in a secure environment
- Experience with all aspects of the lifecycle of a web application; estimating, wireframing, design, frontend and backend
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Effective oral and written communication with content providers, designers and developers, non-technical stakeholders and end users
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, peers or managers and general customers
- Proficient understanding of version control systems, such as Git
- Familiarity working with Drupal 7/8 Content Management System
- Familiarity working with Acquia products and services
- Familiarity with Object Oriented Programming
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools and processes
- Experience creating and consuming REST APIs
- Familiarity with web accessibility standards including WCAG 2.0 and WAI-ARIA
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization techniques and strategies
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience leading teams and/or projects
- Knowledge of University of Iowa policies and procedures
Please attach a cover letter and resume as submission specific attachments for this position using the application process. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check and credential verification.
For questions or additional information, please contact Kim Kuebrich Yordi at firstname.lastname@example.org