This is an exciting opportunity with an expanding company in Kansas. Standard Beverage is a family-owned spirits, wine, and beer distributor with major offices in Wichita, Lawrence, and Lenexa, Kansas. We employ almost 400 dedicated people and provide the most diverse portfolio of the industry’s top brands. Standard Beverage has been delivering world class service to customers throughout the state of Kansas since 1949 and has since become the largest Kansas-owned alcohol distributor. Our mission is very simple: to provide the best possible service to both our customers and supplier partners, while also providing an excellent working environment for our team members. We’re a modern, dynamic, progressive beverage company, yet grounded with old-fashioned values including working hard, loyalty, and a genuine commitment to excellence.
Over the last few years we have seen strong volume growth in our business. In the past year, legislative changes allowed us to begin selling our strong beer portfolio to grocery and convenience stores around the state. This change guided us to re-evaluate our strategy, organization and future need. We are committed to continue to serve our entire customer base with world class customer service. In order to do so effectively, we recognize a need to expand our current facilities. We are financially committed to this significant project and in order to do this successfully, we will need to recruit the right individuals to support this effort.
Standard Beverage is currently seeking a Project Manager to be based out of our Lawrence, KS distribution center. The Project Manager will report to the Senior Vice President Operations and will be responsible for providing detailed support, coordination, and management of capital expansion projects. Responsibilities and duties include overseeing and coordinating the planning, scoping, estimating, execution, and the completion of capital expansion projects on time and within budget. This position may also require the candidate to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Assist in the development of project scope of work, cost estimates, schedules, work plans, and resource requirements as part of the initiation and planning phases of the project life cycle.
· Receive and coordinate compilation of request for proposals, reviews project proposal, establishes work plan and manages contractors to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
· Set project timelines and key milestone dates.
· Perform project budgeting and related financial cash flow forecasting.
· Assist in evaluating and obtaining approval of changes to project scopes, budgets, and/or schedules and completing all required documentation of changes.
· Monitor project deliverables.
· Experience with the coordination of on-site activities involving many (sub)contractors vying for the same space and time windows.
· Regularly update relevant stakeholders about the progress of projects, potential problems and/or other concerns.
· Maintain required project documentation.
· Serve as a liaison between business and technical aspects of projects.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, operations management, engineering, or a related field.
· 6-8 years project management experience, including project budgeting and accounting, proposal review, and design/value engineering.
· Experience as a project team leader responsible for the completion of complex capital projects.
· Project management software experience.
· Strong business acumen in project planning and management.
· Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills.
· Strong analysis and critical thinking skills.
· Ability to work effectively with multiple teams to resolve issues and/or complete projects; strong ownership of tasks/deadlines/projects.
· Strong leadership qualities
· Must be a self-starter and self-motivated with the ability to perform effectively with minimal supervision.
· Change agent – Not afraid to “rock the boat” in a constructive, positive manner; always searching for ways to improve even when business/financial results are positive.
· Work ethic - Strong passion for work, as well as professional attitude and demeanor.
· Well Organized – Adept at multi-tasking; can successfully work on multiple activities while remaining focused on priorities.
· Ability to travel as necessary to other SBC facilities within Kansas (Wichita, Lenexa)
· Understanding of Operations, including warehouse and distribution fundamentals.
· Collaboration experience with consultants, engineers, contractors, and other third-party vendors.
· Ability to drive projects to completion using effective project management, communication, and influence; strong ownership of tasks/deadlines/projects
Candidate will receive a market-competitive cash compensation package (including base salary and project performance-based bonus), with specifics depending on experience, qualifications and expected contributions. Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, 401k, etc.) and tuition reimbursement are also provided.
Standard Beverage Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Job Type: Full-time