Commissioning & Projects Engineer (f/m/x) – North America
Our technology company is ten years old and supplies five of the ten largest commodity companies in the world. Our head office is in Aachen (Germany) with offices in Australia, South Africa, Chile and Brazil. We equip the mining and bulk material handling industries with modern sensor solutions, allowing people to work safely and efficiently in all weather conditions. For example, we automate railcar loaders, ship loaders, stackers / reclaimers and Crushers. The requirements of the modern mining and extractive industries are versatile and demanding, meaning that solutions from other industries often cannot be used. We fill these gaps and built customer specific solutions based on our in-house developed electronics (Radar, RTLS), always ruggedized for heavy outdoor use.
After being active in Canada, the US and Mexico for nearly ten years, we are opening our North America Office in Montreal on February 1, 2020.
We want to bring best in class project management to the customer for our complex multi-stakeholder projects. You are also responsible for supervising installation and commissioning. The position includes project management and field work.
Our typical projects last between two weeks and one year. They require in depth planning and execution control. This means also supervising the installation in the field and commissioning work, which requires travelling (usually one week trips). It is common to run several projects in parallel.
- Classical project management – including tight links to the sales department and software development engineers
- Analysis & Clarification of technical requirements with the customers and definition of material and technical requirements
- Particiption in the preparation of project plans and overall project monitoring including developing the project schedule to match customer requirements/constraints
- Create reports, presentations and keep track of events / create project and development status reports and decision templates
- Travel to client sites for commissioning activities
Who we are looking for
- You have successfully completed an engineering degree or technical program (knowledge of automation and PLC programming is a plus)
- You ideally have at least one year professional experience in a comparable position. Alternatively, you have experience in project management or a similar role
- You have a high level of independence, initiative and team spirit, you like to get things done
- You have previous knowledge in the field of electrical engineering / sensors / automation
- Fluent in both English and French (other languages are a plus)
- You are willing to travel in North America (some international travel required) – trip duration is usually between one and two weeks with about 30% travel time overall
- Varied and demanding tasks with diverse North American and international clients
- Flexible working hours
- Join a growing team in Montreal with room for professional growth
- Technical training in Aachen, Germany
Please send us your complete application documents, stating your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date, by email.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent