Good pay! Good benefits! Good people! At Knife River, we take care of our team because we know it’s our people who make us successful. We are one of the 10 largest construction materials producers/contractors in the country, and we’re growing! We are adding people to our team every day — people who are committed to working safely and to delivering high-quality results for our customers.
Knife River has an immediate opening for a Plant Maintenance Technician (night shift) at our Angell Quarry in Linnton, Oregon. We offer competitive wages with a full benefits package.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Repair and maintenance of Ready Mix, Aggregate, and Asphalt plants around the Portland Metro area.
- Always work safely and take action to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes, behaviors.
- Maintenance, repairs consist of changing bearings, replacing head rolls and tail rolls, general fabrication skills.
- Must be able to work out of town when needed.
- Must be able to work occasional weekends.
- Must be able to come in on emergency break downs with short notice.
- General clean up when needed to do a job.
- Must have a safe positive attitude and the ability to work well with others and follow directions and have fun.
- A basic knowledge of plant operations, conveyor systems, plumbing and maintenance, etc.
- Must have good mechanical, troubleshooting skills.
- Welding/fabrication skills, equipment operation skills, general experience, MSHA certified & CDL are helpful.
- Must have valid driver’s license in good standing and/or ability to travel to various location when needed.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment testing.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, candidates must complete and submit an employment application at jobs.mdu.com by the posting deadline noted above. If unable to complete an application online you may print and send completed application to any Knife River NW address or stop in one of our locations to complete an application. Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
Put Your Skills to Work with Us!
At Knife River, we are committed to helping our military transition to civilian life. We are constantly looking to add veterans to our workforce and want to make the transition as smooth as possible. There are many jobs within the military that are transferable to our Maintenance Technician position:
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic
Track Vehicle Repairer
Construction Equipment Repairer
Caterpillar Diesel Technician
Advanced Construction Mechanic
Engineer Equipment Mechanic