Come work on embedded systems software for the solar energy industry, developing firmware and applications for our field-deployed sensor products.
About the company:
- Atonometrics develops innovative sensors used in the rapidly growing solar energy industry. Established in 2007, we are a small company with an excellent working environment, a focus on innovative products, and a worldwide customer base.
- We are seeking an entry-level or early-career Software Engineer to join our development team.
What will you do?
- Design, develop, test, and debug embedded firmware code and user application software for our sensor products
- Design, develop, test, and debug manufacturing test software used to calibrate and test our products prior to shipment
- Assist hardware engineers with software-interface aspects of controller board designs for new products
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Interest in software development for embedded systems and hardware-centric products
- Demonstrated skills in coding in a variety of programming languages and environments
- 0-3 years of related experience. Recent or upcoming graduates are invited to apply.
- Results-driven person with a strong technical background, attention to detail, good communication skills, ability to learn quickly, and ability to work independently
- Bonus: experience with any of C, C#, Visual Studio, Java, Python, HTML, XML, microcontrollers, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, serial communication
- Bonus: ability to work with hardware, digital multimeters, bench equipment, test and measurement, PCBs
- This is a full-time position.
- The position is expected to start in October.
- Work must be done on-site during business hours.
- Candidates must be currently residing in the Austin, Texas area.
- We cannot consider any candidates requiring work authorization on a student visa, including Curriculum Practical Training (CPT), Optional Practical Training (OPT), or academic training.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you currently live in the Austin, Texas area? (We are only considering local candidates.)
- Are you authorized to work in the US? (We cannot consider any candidates requiring work authorization on a student visa, including Curriculum Practical Training (CPT), Optional Practical Training (OPT), or academic training.)
- Instead of submitting a cover letter, please explain briefly, with specific details, why this particular position interests you and why you believe you would be a good fit. Thanks!
Work Location: One location