REPORTS TO: Projects Team Leader
FLSA STATUS: Exempt/Salary
JOB SUMMARY: Works with supervisor, Factory, Service and Parts Departments to plan, organize and direct activities concerned with machine projects.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, electrical engineering preferred or Project Management.
2. 5 years of proven work experience in a related field.
3. Ability to successfully manage multiple projects/priorities.
4. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
5. Excellent written and verbal skills. German as a second language preferred.
6. Must be able to follow direction and take instruction.
7. Strong leadership skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
8. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers, subordinates, clients, customers, and the general public.
9. Proficient knowledge and experience with computers including MS Office, AutoCAD and SolidWorks. Experience with MS project and Merlin project management software is preferred.
10. Ability and willingness to travel within North America and Germany. Must hold a valid drivers license, acceptable DMV record and U.S. passport or ability to attain one.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
1. Initiate and maintain liaison with customers, Sales Department, Factory, and other contacts to facilitate project activities.
2. Represent Weber, Inc. in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
3. Requisition supplies and materials to complete projects. Formulate reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs, and scheduling.
4. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished with prescribed time frame.
5. Reviews status reports and modifies schedules or plans as required.
6. Prepares project reports for management, clients, or others.
7. Confers with Product Manager and Vice President to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
8. Provide sales support when needed.
9. Drive quote process for machine quotes that are categorized as “projects” and follow up with customer or sales to make sure information is accurate.
10. Send technical order confirmations to customers to provide them with an understanding and expectation of the equipment they will be receiving.
11. Monitor and maintain the project timeline and tasks after sale and start reporting on issues and current status.
12. Provide the service department with pre-installation packets that are tailor made for each machine to help the service tech be successful and understand any application information and performance requirements.
13. Work with customers to go over room layouts and ensure that all the machine requirements are communicated to the customer and that they understand the plant requirements for unloading and setting the machine in place.
14. Provide drawings for projects as needed.
15. Monitor work progress on installation and work with our internal team to provide all deliverables per the sales agreement.
16. Setup conference calls and attend meeting in regards to any open issues with the installation and communicate it to the necessary departments within Weber, Inc. and the factory.
17. Setup plans for issue resolution and monitor payments to ensure that final payment is received after all project services and deliverables are resolved.
18. Maintain a project record that includes all documents supplied by the projects department.
19. Keep track of project expenses.
20. Monitor status of modification projects and coordinate with the corresponding departments with Weber, Inc. and the factory to ensure a timely completion.
21. Prioritize modification requests (based on need) to the factory and organize frequent communication with the modifications department in Germany.
22. Design (as needed) modified parts for projects and work with vendors to manufacture and deliver to the end user
23. Maintain a modifications record that captures all quoted modifications including their end status (complete, dead, on hold, etc.) for the project
INITIATIVE AND JUDGMENT/ATTENDANCE AND RELIABILITY
1. Independently recognizes and performs duties which need to be done without being directly assigned. Establishes priorities; organizes work and time to meet them.
2. Recognizes and responds to priorities, accepts changes and new ideas. Has insight into problems and the ability to develop workable alternatives.
3. Accepts constructive criticism in a positive manner.
4. Adheres to attendance and punctuality requirements per policy. Provides proper notification for absences and tardiness. Takes corrective action to prevent recurring absences or tardiness.
5. Uses time effectively and constructively. Does not abuse supplies, equipment, and service.
6. Observes all company and departmental policies governing conduct while at work
(e.g., telephone and computer use, electronic messaging, smoking regulations, parking, breaks and other related policies).
7. Observes dress code policy as required by our policies and procedures.
8. Is knowledgeable in the company safety program and takes necessary steps to maintain a safe environment. Adheres to safe work practices in order to prevent injuries and illnesses.
SERVICE EXCELLENCE/ CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT
1. Participates actively and positively affects the outcomes of customer service activities.
2. Committed to the “internal customer.”
3. Positive, proactive, collaborative, helpful and caring to coworkers and colleagues.
4. Take pride in the place of work and in one’s job every day. Ownership in one’s company.
5. Conducts business in an ethical and trustworthy manner at all times when dealing with customers and fellow employees.
6. Maintains the department in a neat, clean, and orderly manner, especially in own work area.
7. Active participant in finding new and better ways of performing duties and responsibilities.
8. Cooperates with others in the improvement of services offered at our institution. Continually makes recommendations that assist in the improvement of services.
9. Continually strives for self-improvement in areas of responsibility by attending continuing education classes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to:
Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb up to 10ft, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee primarily works in an inside office environment in front of a computer monitor. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and, potentially, a slight risk of electrical shock from computer equipment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner to get along with customers, co-workers and management.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment