Ruby on Rails Developer
Novillus is looking for a senior-level developer to join our Portland, Oregon team responsible for the Ruby on Rails application that is central to our continued success and growth. This position is in our Portland, Oregon headquarters.
Work On Something That Matters
Want to work on something truly meaningful? You’ll be able to directly impact our application’s positive effect on the health and well-being of health care plan patients in the United States.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship and is restricted to U.S. citizens ONLY due client data handling requirements. No recruiter or third-party resumes will be accepted for this position. The successful candidate will work primarily in our Portland, Oregon headquarters, with flexibility to work from home a portion of the time.
- Maintain and evolve the codebase for Ruby on Rails applications
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in production and staging environments (Dev/Ops)
- Write and maintain robust tests
- Implement software development best practices
Minimum Required Qualifications and Skills:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience
- Proven experience with database design and development for scalable, highly performant backend databases associated with Rails applications
- Experience working with AWS
- Proven experience with coding best practices and guidelines
- Proven experience with version control
- Proven experience deploying code releases to production and staging environments (DevOps)
- Deep experience with Agile, iterative software delivery
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and make good decisions
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with and take direction from Product Management to deliver solutions focused on the customer
Interested and Qualified?
Apply and provide the following:
- Your online identity (e.g. Github, Twitter, blog, portfolio). If you don't have a profile on Github, provide links to code samples.
- Very high integrity
- Extreme ownership and accountability for responsibilities
- Commitment and drive
- A relentlessly positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
Novillus is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The position is restricted to U.S. citizens ONLY due client data handling requirements. Given the nature of our business, a criminal background check is required to join Novillus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $110,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
All visitors to our offices are required to wear a mask.
- PostgreSQL: 6 years (Preferred)
- Ruby: 6 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19