VCI is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Business providing project management, construction management and engineering services to public and private clients world-wide. See www.valiint.com for more information.
Summary/Objective - The electrical / instrumentation designer / drafter prepares detailed drawings of electrical and/or instrumentation designs and plans for according to specifications provided by architect.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work directly with discipline electrical or instrumentation engineers to produce and /or edit new or existing drawings from sketches, existing drawing markups and electronic images.
- Familiarity with medium and low voltage equipment and knowledge of electrical components, one-line diagrams, circuits, loop diagrams, conduit fittings, equipment grounding, etc.
- Create / develop material lists (BOM) based on written and verbal descriptions from design engineers.
- Work closely with all discipline designers to ensure that the drawings convey the correct information and are error free.
- Work from customer drawings, company drawings, government drawings or specifications.
- Use the Clients drawing standards as guidelines.
- Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.Supervisory Responsibility
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment.
Light physical effort required. Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
May be required.
Education and Experience (Required & Preferred)
- Degree from a recognized CAD training facility.
- Five years of experience in drawing/designing.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to input data accurately using various computer software programs
- Organized and detailed oriented.
- Ability to follow directions accurately and timely, meet deadlines, identify priorities and on occasion, be flexible in his/her work schedule.
- Ability to establish relationships and work well with managers, and staff to promote a positive attitude and environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Technical Capacity.
Job Type: Full-time
- drawing/designing: 5 years (Preferred)