JFK&M Consulting Group LLC is an award winning full-service Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, and Fire Protection Consulting Engineering Firm. Founded in March 2007 by highly experienced industry veterans, the firm is comprised of nearly 45 highly qualified professionals. JFK&M provides services nationally from its office in New York City.
The worth of a professional firm is determined by the quality of its people. Our People are JFK&M. Every employee plays a vital role in the firm. The firm's partners know this and value the professionals of JFK&M. The Partners require technical excellence and collaboration but encourage creativity, resourcefulness, and innovation.
We are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary design teams. Our team works on a wide range of projects that include new building labs/hospitals/Financial institutions, data centers, base building MEP Infrastructure, commercial interiors, higher education, not-for-profit institutions etc.
As a Mid-Level Plumbing/Fire Protection Engineer, you will be:
- Designing Plumbing/Fire Protection systems including Plumbing/Fire Protection systems and building automation and controls
- Performing system design calculations
- Performing field surveys in existing building and preparing technical reports of your findings.
- Preparing Plumbing/Fire Protection construction documents/Reports/Specifications
- Selecting equipment for use in building systems
- Coordinating work with fellow MEP/FP engineers and other consultants
- Delegating tasks to junior/Plumbing/Fire Protection group engineers
- Performing Quality Control for Plumbing Fire Protection engineers
- A technical resource for the Plumbing/Fire Protection department
- Attending and representing the company in meetings and communicating with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them.
As a project manager:
- Managing the budget for your projects
- Ensuring all trades complete projects on time.
- Efficiently communicate client requirements to the project team
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Plumbing/Fire Protection Engineering or equivalent with a sound knowledge of Plumbing/Fire Protection engineering fundamentals.
- 5+ years of Plumbing/Fire Protection design experience.
- PE preferred
- Project management experience.
- Familiarity with Codes and Standards: NFPA/NYC Construction Codes, NYCECC, IMC, ASHRAE standards 55, 62.1, 90.1; IBC
- Autocad2019/Revit 2018 proficient
- References Required
Further details to be reviewed at interview
JFK&M takes pride in offering professional development to their staff through education, training, and experience. JFK&M offers an excellent benefits package including healthcare, disability, life insurance, 401k Plan, Paid Time Off (PTO), 8 paid public holidays, and performance based bonus compensation.
JFK&M is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to collaborate, innovate, learn and thrive.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, send your resume to: Ms. Dawn Grasso.
Job Type: Full-time