JRC is currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer. This position will have primary responsibility to assist the National Nuclear Security Administration/Department of Energy with Weapon Systems Technology Readiness Assessments (TRA) to determine Technology Readiness Levels (TRL) of perspective systems. This position will work closely with NNSA staff to perform the duties and responsibilities of this PD. This position reports to the TRA co-leads. The position requires a DOE Q clearance or transferrable DoD TS/SCI equivalent and CNWDI is a plus.
JRC offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive benefits package.
The Senior Systems Engineer will support TRA’s for weapons programs including evaluation and critiques of technologies, identifying readiness levels for technology and manufacturing and associated risks against meeting requirements.
- Help coordinate the activities with team members and support the TRA co-leads
- Use the Defense Program (DP) readiness level calculator as needed
- Review and assess programs in terms of meeting programmatic requirements
- Write sections of reports for evaluation and other tasks
- Coordinate with the Risk Management team to inform and develop Risk Mitigation strategies.
- Maintain program-specific and internal documentation associated with TRA/TRL on classified and unclassified systems
- Program status updates for external program reporting.
- Program briefs, status reports, memorandums, formal letters, proposed revisions to NNSA documents and other documentation as required.
- Assist as needed with systems-engineering-related tasks for the program.
General Skills/Attributes Required:
- Experience in Technology Evaluation
- Expertise in MS Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated willingness to work in a team environment with little direction, and the ability to work independently while prioritizing and supporting multiple tasks
- Must have and maintain an active Q clearance (or transferrable DoD TS/SCI equivalent/CNWDI is a plus).
- Must have technical/engineering experience with Nuclear Weapons / Weapon systems
- Knowledge of Nuclear Weapons activities and systems engineering associated with technology development and production aspects for weapons components and systems in nuclear and non-nuclear areas
- At least 5 years’ experience in engineering or technical field
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering Discipline
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering
- 5+ years of experience with Technology Readiness Assessments associated with weapon systems
- 5+ years of experience with weapon life extension programs
- Experience in Risk Analysis
- Familiarity with DOE and DoD security policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of writing principles and conventions of NNSA
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $135,000.00 - $155,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you hold an active a DOE Q clearance (or transferrable DoD TS/SCI equivalent)?
- Nuclear Engineering or Nuclear Weapons: 3 years (Required)