At the forefront of a new space age, Lockheed Martin Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our standout skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support and focus and if you have the passion and work ethic to excel we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a commitment to success, proven interpersonal skills, a positive outlook? Are you a creative thinker and problem solver? Are you looking for an important career?
Be a part of state-of-the-art analysis for space & missile systems at Lockheed Martin Space. Work on meaningful analyses involving structures, materials and strategic missile defense and space flight systems.
Be part of an interdisciplinary engineering team in design, documentation, fabrication, assembly, test, and integration of spacecraft hardware as a member of the Military Support Programs (MSP) Structures and Thermal Products team.
This position is for the Spacecraft Structures Component and Multi-Layer
Insulation (MLI) Certified Principal Engineer (CPE). Primary responsibilities include leading and coordinating procurement, production support, and design changes. Other responsibilities include conducting design reviews, EMRB hardware discrepancy decisions, resolution of test anomalies and troubleshooting, and generating, reviewing and presenting Product Certifications. The position requires managing risk and identifying mitigation plans to meet productivity, quality, cost, schedule, and mission success objectives. The position also requires interfacing with personnel of various skill levels, technical backgrounds, management, customers, and working in a manufacturing and test environment with hands-on hardware interaction.
- This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen with a TS/SCI clearance
- BSME (or related field) from an accredited university +5 years experience, or MS +3 years experience, or equivalent related years of experience.
- Familiarity with CREO or similar mechanical CAD tools for layout, concept definition, design, and drawings of mechanical hardware
- Proficient with CAD modeling, drafting and release in Creo/EPDM with working knowledge of ASME Y14.5
- Proven understanding of structures, mechanisms, materials and processes
- Mechanical design, manufacture, test and integration experience with flight hardware
- Component level manufactuging & testing experience
- Demonstrated ability to work within multidisciplinary product development teams
- This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen with a TS/SCI clearance (or equivalent SSBI clearance that facilitates immediate transfer to TS/SCI)
- Experience using CAD models as record of authority (Data Set Rating 4 and/or 6)
- Experience working with internal/external suppliers
- Demonstrated commitment to development and deployment of productivity improvements and leveraging new technologies
- Experience with test methods, planning and execution
- Experience with DOORS (Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System) and Sharepoint
- CPE or equivalent training/experience
- Ability to communicate how and why a design meets specified requirements both in writing and verbally
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.