SEACOMP (Displaytech, HDP Power & MH MFG) - Senior Hardware / Electrical Engineer
We are making consumer and industrial products awesome, want to help? Do you want to be responsible for an entire product line and not just a small scope of a larger product? If you answered "yes", then we want to hire you!
We are looking for a Senior Hardware / Electrical Engineer to support the development of many new products for our rapidly growing company.
The most exciting part of a career with SEACOMP is working on many different technologies, applying your experience and on the job learning to build many different types of products. Who knows the type of product that we will build next?
WE DESIGN PRODUCTS! We design, manufacture and deliver awesome products. We are the engineers behind the scenes for large brands that we promise you are already familiar with. A typical product design spans all engineering disciplines including Industrial Design, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Firmware/Embedded Software Engineering, Software Engineering, and design for manufacturing (DFM).
Our focus is primarily in the industrial and consumer markets, and a typical product includes microprocessor, microcontroller, Wifi & BLE, USB, video output, camera, etc. housed in plastics.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Schematic capture and layout using Altium Designer or similar CAD program
- Hands-on experience with board bring-up, creating prototypes, system development, and product integration
- Experience with 8/16/32 bit microcontroller based designs such as Espressif ESP32, Cypress PSOC, and Microchip.
- Experience with microprocessor based designs with NXP i.MX8, ARM Cortex A9 or similar.
- Experience with low cost, SOC such as Realtek, Mediatek, Ingenic.
- Li-Ion BMS, MPPT and charging circuit design
- Experience with display technologies such as RGB, MIPI-DSI, HDMI/DVI, eDP, Displayport and LVDS
- Sensor technologies including, capacitive, pressure, temperature, proximity, GPS, and accelerometers.
- Familiar with power saving techniques to create handheld, battery powered devices.
- Analog and digital circuit design and layout.
- Support several projects simultaneously; multitask, work as a team, and prioritize.
- Analyzes hardware requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Provide time estimates for hardware design (either detailed, or first order estimate) and tracking through status updates.
- Testing and validation (DVT) of design via writing, compiling and execution of test code, drivers and physical measurements.
Other Skills, Abilities, Qualifications:
- Firmware development, as needed for board bringup
- Safety / Regulatory knowledge (CE/UL, FCC, etc.)
- Familiarity with oscilloscope, signal generators, spectrum analyzers
- CAD packages such as SolidWorks
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools such as Arena Solutions or ODOO
- Interfacing with manufacturing for drawing review, layout and BOM generation
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), MSEE Preferred.
- 8+ years of industry experience designing circuit boards, systems, and products
Job Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Teamwork - Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Works in both an independent and team member environment to meet product delivery goals.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve goals.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Interpersonal Skills - Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Ethics - Inspires the trust of others; Works ethically and with integrity.
- Self Motivation - Demonstrates persistence, speed, and overcomes obstacles.
- Quality - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Innovation - Develops innovative approaches, ideas and can think “out of the box”.
- 401k: SEACOMP 401k plan with up to 4% matching
- Profit Sharing: Offered at Boards discretion between 0-5% of annual salary. This program vests at 20% per year on the 366th day of each work year.
- Insurance: SEACOMP Medical Plan ($350 company contribution per month for company plans)
- Paid Time Off: 15 days annually + Holidays
- Health & Wellness Program, 80% of employee monthly gym membership fees up to a total monthly company contribution of $50.00.
**H1B Visa Sponsorship Not Offered**
SEACOMP (http://www.seacomp.com/) specializes in electronic components
and contract manufacturing for industrial, medical, and consumer products.
Operations are divided between two business divisions: Displaytech Ltd. and
Displaytech (http://www.displaytech-us.com/) is a provider of high quality
color TFT displays and monochrome LCD modules in addition to being a
manufacturer of value added assembly and turnkey products for a wide variety
of industries including home automation, industrial controls, test &
measurement, rack mount equipment and many others.
HDP Power (http://www.hdp-power.com/) specializes in meeting the power
needs of our tier one customer base. Our core products include power supplies
such as wall chargers, desktop units, and open frame supplies. We also
manufacture battery cells and assemblies using various battery chemistries
including Lithium Ion, Lithium Polymer, Nickel Metal Hydride, Alkaline and
MH Manufacturing (http://www.mh-mfg.com/) provides contract
manufacturing services with an “all or à la carte” approach. This unique style
allows customers to either partner with MH MFG as a total engineering and
manufacturing solution or select certain services to support their product
development. MH MFG services cover product design, manufacturing, and
Job Type: Full-time
Employees required to wear a mask.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- San Diego, CA (Preferred)
- Electrical engineering: 8 years (Required)