Shyne Labs is a fully licensed, compliant and permitted industrial scale hemp extraction facility
in Franklin, KY. Our focus is the quality and efficient processing of industrial hemp into CBD
products. Shyne Labs main production facility spans over a 15,000 sq ft facility using state of the
art equipment. We take pride in our company culture and value our team members. Our
employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and
talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of
Job Title: CBD Extraction Technician
Tags: CBD Extractor, CBD Extraction Technician, Laboratory Technician, Chemical Engineer, Chemist, CBD, Chemistry Assistant, Cannabis
As an Extraction Technician, you will work closely with the Extraction Manager, Head Scientist
and the processing team to extract and refine hemp oil for product manufacturing in our labs.
Responsibilities include operating ethanol extractor, centrifuge, falling film evaporators,
decarboxylation and filtration equipment used to extract and purify active compounds from
- Assist Extraction Manager in all aspects of extraction and winterization process.
- Perform duties necessary for continuous extraction operations.
- Troubleshoot down equipment and perform equipment maintenance.
- Maintain an organized and clean laboratory environment.
- Follow Company standard operating procedures (SOPs) to produce high quality active
- Understand and follow all safety protocols.
- Monitor system operations and perform tests as required.
- Record data for all procedures using computer systems or hard copy, whichever is
- Maintain inventory records of supplies, materials, and equipment, and prepare
requisitions as needed.
- Storing supplies and equipment, disposal of waste according to guidelines, and keeping laboratory, store rooms and working areas immaculate.
- Familiarity with basic scientific principles and production terminology.
- Read and follow manuals for Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Basic math skills.
- Familiarity with OSHA guidelines for dealing with hazardous chemicals.
- Understanding and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations
as they pertain to the cannabis industry, safety regulations, local municipal codes and
organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees.
- Highly detail oriented and organized.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate responsibility, accountability, and dependability toward assigned tasks and
- Strong ethics and sound judgment.
- Must be able to successfully pass a thorough internal and external background check.Education & Experience Requirements:
- Preferred. - Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related Chemistry field experience.
- Prior GMP production experience preferred.
- Previous experience in cannabis field preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $16.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Overnight (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible