SME is seeking a Staff Engineer for a regular, full-time position with our Construction Materials Services group in our Shelby Twp., Michigan office.
- Performing foundation subgrade evaluations.
- Helping with pavement evaluations and transportation projects.
- Helping our geotechnical group with boring layouts and coring.
- Monitoring the installation of deep foundations such as ACP, H-Piles, caissons, etc.
- Assisting with other special projects.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have previous co-op/intern experience and an interest in Consulting Engineering.
- Ability to read plans and specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new challenges and learn new concepts.
- A clean driving record.
- The ability to lift 50+ pounds, stand for long periods of time, and work in inclement weather.
- Must have good written, organization and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Identify and solve problems, and work well in a team environment.
- Exemplify safe practices and follow the company's compliance standards.
- Motivated self-starter, punctual and hard worker.
- Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills and excellent judgement.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place