- Perform mechanical inspection of machined parts throughout the machining process from first piece to final inspection.
- Knowledge of working with all conventional inspections tools and gauges such as (but not limited to): Micrometers, Calipers, thread gauges, Deltronic pins, comparators etc.
- Participate in systematic improvements of products and the elimination of defects.
- Programs/operates a coordinate measuring machine (CMM) working with ZEISS or PC-DMIS is a plus.
- Create NCR’s on discrepant material/parts and insure that nonconforming product is segregated to the MRB cage. Ensure NCR’s are forwarded to MRB members in a timely manner.
- Ability to work with machinist to maximize the quality of machined products, and resolve quality related issues during the first article inspection and in-process inspection.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma, Accredited Trade School and/or Associate degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
- 1+ years of experience in a “MACHINE SHOP ENVIRONMENT”
- 1+ years of experience to set up and perform CMM operations.
- 1+ years using manual inspection equipment (i.e. comparators, micrometers, etc.).
- Experience with ISO9001 and ISO13485 environment
- working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) ASME Y14.5M,
- basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications, and other common software
- Knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Solidworks software a plus
- Knowledge of CMM programming a plus
- Can lift and or move up to 50 lbs. of weight.
DPMS Inc. dba Danco Machine provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $30.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- ZEISS: 1 year (Preferred)
- Coordinate Measuring Machine: 3 years (Preferred)
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Work Location: One location