DCS Specialist Consultant
Sunshine is a Calgary based public corporation, listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange since March 1,
2012. The Company is focused on the development of its significant holdings of oil sands leases in the
Athabasca oil sands region. Sunshine owns interests in oil sands and petroleum and natural gas leases
in the Athabasca region of Alberta. The Company is currently focused on executing milestone
undertakings in the West Ells project area. West Ells has an initial production target rate of 5,000 barrels
This is a full time, contract position, based out of Sunshine Oilsands Ltd.’s West Ells Field Office. The
schedule is 14 days on/14 days off.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbent will report to the Senior Reliability Engineers. The DCS technician is responsible for all
aspects of maintenance and repair of DCS System (EMERSON Delta V or Honeywell Experion C300) to
ensure both short and long term safe, reliable and cost effective production in accordance with company
policies and relevant government standards and codes.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee control system (DCS, PLC, SCADA) installation, commissioning and start up, configuration,
testing, tuning, repair, maintenance and troubleshooting;
- Provide technical support and coordination to plant operators, other tradespeople and
- Review the DCS and other vendor contracts to ensure they provide the services and support
required to keep the system meeting the plant need;
- Coordinate with Spartan Controls;
- Maintain a filing system for all the vendor drawings, manuals, etc.;
- Participate in ongoing improvement of preventive maintenance plans to improve plant reliability;
- Support maintenance team with control system upgrades and expansions;
- Support system recovery plan and disaster recovery plan;
- Respond to emergency calls as required;
- Ensure that all work done complies with the Sunshine’s Sustainable Development Requirements;
- Other duties as assigned.
Sunshine Oilsands Ltd.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET:
- B.Sc. bachelor degree in Electrical, Computer, or Chemical Engineering, or other related discipline
and relevant Technologist Diploma;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in engineering design and O&M activities;
- Experience in instrument and control technology, computer software applications: DCS, PLC, HMI,
SCADA, Graphic Interfaces, Historians and Alarm Management Systems;
- Experience with Distributed Control Systems hardware and software design, configuration and
system support, Emerson Delta V and Honeywell Exprion DCS preferred, Allen Bradley and Siemens
PLCs, ESD, BMS and Safety Instrumented Systems would also be an asset;
- Experience with human machine interface (HMI) and supervisory control and data acquisition
- Experience with SAGD facilities;
- Valid driver license and clean abstract required;
- Current confined space entry, First Aid, WHMIS, H2S, fall protection, CSTS‐09 and OSSA
- Strong problem solving skills; and
- Must be legally permitted to work in Canada.
Sunshine offers a competitive compensation program. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity in a
dynamic work environment, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include
the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest
in Sunshine; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.