We are looking for a talented Product Owner who will take ownership of the execution of the strategic vision set forth by the product executive leadership. Specifically, the PO will lead the Agile team through the progressive elaboration process including technical scope, estimation, backlog grooming, sprint planning and sprint execution steps. Acts as a liaison between key stakeholders.
What You’ll Be Doing:
In collaboration with a Principal Software Engineer (PSE), the PO is responsible for defining the EPIC into user and tech stories including dataflow diagrams and use cases (Technical Scope). Secondly, the sizing of user and tech stories, updating them based on team feedback and prioritization of the sub system backlog (Estimation & Backlog grooming). Moreover, The Product Owner (PO) is the content authority for the team level. They are responsible for task breakdown, story execution strategy, accepting stories, representing the customer to the Agile team and coordination of content dependencies with other Product Owners (Sprint Planning).
Works closely with the PSE, Scrum Master & the Agile team to ensure the actual build is going according to plan. The Product Owner is responsible for story clarification, escalation and decision making. The PO participates in the daily standups and ensures the Agile team’s activities and velocity are properly recorded on the Jira platform to ensure consistency with the objectives of the project.
Owns production support issues including research to eliminate bugs. Prioritizes bugs within the backlog and crushes high priority bugs within service level agreement timelines.
Work to foster and enhance teamwork within the organization. Provide the highest quality products and services to each other and our clients. Consistently promotes and models the culture and values of CUDC. Demonstrates the behaviors aligned with each value with clients and employees across the organization.
The Ideal Candidate:
- BA/BS degree or a commensurate experience in a related position.
- A minimum of four years’ experience in software, system and/or business analysis.
- Experience with B2B integration methodologies, network connectivity methods and a working knowledge of XML and XML manipulation.
- Knowledge of financial industry and/or credit union operations.
- Knowledge of information technology operations and procedures.
- Ability to act as liaison between users/clients and the software development team.
- The ability to communicate effectively with non-technical users. Instrumentation design for utilization of features.
- Problem-solving analytical skills, persona development and journey mapping.
- Excellent knowledge of PC based computer systems, including Jira, Word/Docs, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Knowledge of Agile Methodology.
- Some travel may be required.
About CU Direct
CU Direct helps credit unions, dealers and affinity groups succeed.
Since 1994, CU Direct has been the leading advocate for credit unions. We are credit union owned, credit union focused, and CUSO driven. Through exceptional products and services, we create exponential value for credit unions. Our broad range of innovative, industry leading lending solutions and technology help them achieve their lending goals and to be more successful.
If you've got the skills, we'd love to talk to you!