Job Title: Electronics Engineering Technician
Location: Newport, RI (Naval Undersea Warfare Center)
KMS Solutions is seeking a highly motivated individual to provide semi-professional technical support for engineers working in research, design, development testing or operations at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center in Newport, RI. Lab experience supporting the prototype, assembly, and troubleshooting of electronic components and systems is desired. Candidates with an appropriate education and experience are invited to apply at: http://www.KMSsol.com. Salary is dependent on experience and education.
Job Overview & Responsibilities
The Engineering Technician performs standardized or prescribed assignments involving a sequence of related operations, follows standard work methods on recurring assignments, but receives explicit instructions on unfamiliar assignments. Technical adequacy of routine work is reviewed upon completion; non-routine work may be reviewed in progress. Typical duties include:
- Prepares designs and specifications for various complex equipment or systems (e.g., new electronic components, such as solid-state devices for instrumentation equipment).
- Plans approach to solve design problems, conceives and recommends new design techniques, resolves design problems with customers, and assures compatibility of design with other parts of the system.
- Designs and coordinates test set-ups and experiments to prove or disprove the feasibility of preliminary design, uses untried and untested measurement techniques, and improves the performance of the equipment. This person may advise equipment users on redesign to solve unique operational deficiencies.
- Plans approach and conducts various experiments to develop equipment or systems
The candidate will be a member of a multidisciplinary engineering team consisting of mechanical, electrical, and software/firmware engineers. Our multi-disciplinary team is heavily involved in system engineering, safety engineering and cybersecurity efforts for development of new undersea platforms, equipment and weapons systems.
Qualifications/Required Education and Experience
- Associate degree in electronics or engineering field or equivalent experience.
- Two or more years of technical/lab support experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field.
- Five years of previous technical experience.
- Significant experience in electronics and cable assembly, soldering, and troubleshooting.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused