Check out our expanding engineering firm in the Inland Empire! We have great benefits and are looking for candidates like you!
- Extensive design experience in the preparation of grading, street, sewer, water and storm drain improvement plans for residential, commercial development and public works projects while adhering to design standards, agency processing requirements, and client expectations is required.
- Proficient with AutoCAD 2016/Civil 3D programs within the Civil Engineering industry preferred.
- Must have strong technical knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures relating to engineering design for land development projects.
- Ability to prepare technical reports and calculations (i.e., hydrology/hydraulics, WQMP, SWPPP, and water & sewer) is a plus.
- Must have broad knowledge of Hydrology/Hydraulic Analysis, design methods and water quality low impact development applications.
- Ensure quality of design and implement new ideas through supervision, participation, plan reviews and training of junior staff.
- Be familiar with Riverside, Orange, and San Bernardino Counties and local agencies standards for land development.
- Willingness to mentor younger/less experienced staff
- Originality and ingenuity are required to provide technical innovations by devising practical and economical solutions to problems in own or closely related disciplines. Work is assessed against standards, objectives and specifications.
- Independent decisions are made on work methods and procedures within a program. Incumbents will participate in short and long range planning.
- Effective working relationships are established with colleagues, associates, and clients.
- Important decisions and recommendations are made on highly technical or complex matters. Decisions and recommendations are not typically reviewed unless they involve large sums of money or long-term objectives.
- Sound judgment and initiative in the interpretation of policies, and in the planning and execution of important projects is required.
- Professional Engineer License required
- Manage technical aspects of projects exhibiting strong proficiency in the preparation of construction plans, reports and documents for land development projects.
- Assist project manager in client/agency interaction, endeavor to build lasting relationships
- Excellent technical and communication skills, including report writing skills.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team depending on the assigned task.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize multiple assignments and follow through on engineering tasks from start to finish.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Monitors project budgets and hours assigned to specific tasks.
Supervisory / Managerial Role:
- Responsibility for the supervision of small groups of professional and technical staff, or a smaller group(s) of highly qualified professional personnel engage in complex technical applications.
- Responsible for preparing proposals and seeking contracts with new and existing clients in both the public and private sectors.
- Generally requires multi-disciplinary knowledge.
- Independent decisions are made on work methods and procedures within a program. Recommendations are made on requirements for project organization.
- Willingness to attend industry and political functions to expand business goals and objectives.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with agencies and clients.
- Thorough knowledge of organizational directives, programs, standards and administrative procedures is required.
- Sound judgment and initiative in the interpretation of policies, and in the planning and execution of important projects is required. As necessary, action is taken to expedite the successful accomplishment of assigned projects.
- Recommendations may be made concerning staff selection, training, evaluation, advancement and discipline.
- Professional Engineer License required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor degree (B.S.) in Civil Engineering
- Professional Registration as a Civil Engineer in the state of California preferred
- Minimum 5 -15 years of experience with leadership skills to manage multi-disciplined engineering tasks.
- Experienced in preparing infrastructure improvement plans for public agencies.
- Plan Checking experience a plus
- Successful candidates will have well-developed problem solving, decision-making, communication and team building skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, CivilDesign, H2OMap Sewer and Water is highly desired.
- Title will DOE.
KWC Engineers offers a full benefits package that includes 100% Health coverage and other unique health benefits that boost responsiveness to your everyday needs. We are a family first firm, and we know everyone has a slightly unique daily schedule. KWC provides and allows for a very flexible work schedule so that the KWC Team can have time for family activities and even dealing with their personal commute. We celebrate milestones, birthdays, and have monthly BBQ’s. Our benefits package is always changing to find special ways to support and care for our Team. We are looking forward to new faces, skill sets, and helping you advance in your career!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $135,000.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous