Provide design solutions to new manufacturing challenges and greater output demands of existing machinery systems in North Sails manufacturing facilities worldwide. Apply knowledge of engineering principles, engineering science and technology to analyze, design, develop, prototype and test mechanical components, mechatronic equipment, and production machinery systems. Mechanical engineer must work on varied projects from an initial brief, through design and development, prototype testing, final manufacture, implementation and final commissioning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a project specification with colleagues, including those from other engineering disciplines and production representatives
- Discuss and solve complex problems with engineering team, manufacturers, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Ensure a design can be made reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments
- Use research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modeling and computer-aided design
- Produce detailed specifications and designs, accurate drawings, 3D models, parts lists and applicable notes and instructions
- Recommend modifications following prototype test results
- Generate project schedules and detailed estimates of project costs
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines or equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Prepare design presentation and action plan for peer review by Chief Engineer and/or Engineering Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical / Industrial Engineering
- Minimum 3 years previous successful engineering experience (Can include work study / project experience / history of high achievement in course work)
- Knowledge of and experience with robotics, motion controls and control systems
- Experience with the installation, integration, and/or dismantling of industrial equipment and machinery
- Basic or working knowledge of low voltage DC systems, industrial sensors and actuators
- Experience with 3d modeling and cad drafting programs as well a spreadsheet and word processing.
- Development and use of organized, clear, and process-structured documentation methods
- Development of training materials and technical documentation at the operator and maintenance levels
- Skills in strategic planning, developmental conceptualization, analytical thinking, problem solving and forecasting of engineering project needs
- Able to work in groups and distributed teams, engage stakeholders, and communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous deliverables and transition between projects as requirements dictate
- Commitment to creative and analytical problem solving.
- Ability to work with and be part of a global manufacturing team and travel in the US and internationally.
- Travel 5-10%
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Minden, NV 89423: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location