STC has been recognized as a market leading company in the material area since its start in 1898. Our commitment to materials development and continuous improvement set us apart from most of our competition.
STC has complete in-house capabilities to assist with design, engineer, tool and manufacture of technical ceramics to customer requirements. Superior Technical Ceramics invests in state-of-the-art equipment and in highly skilled, knowledgeable employees to produce the industry's best components. Using ISO 9001, AS9100, 5S and lean practices and policies, STC achieves the control and quality necessary to compete, cost effectively, worldwide.
STC is a privately owned company with over 150 employees. Our multiple buildings currently encompass approximately 135,000 square feet of manufacturing space. Superior Technical Ceramics is the perfect size American company to provide fully integrate technical solutions in ceramic manufacturing, without losing sight of customer service and satisfaction.
The Facilities Associate follows a structured daily work schedule to maintain a neat, clean and orderly workplace throughout all three STC’s buildings. This position primarily 2nd shift.
- Performs general clean up in all three buildings shared spaces, which includes lunchrooms, break rooms, conference rooms, and offices. General clean up includes, but is not limited to, scrubbing, sweeping, mopping, dusting, and organizing.
- Manages trash & recycling disposal in all three buildings.
- Cleans all bathrooms (total of 9), which will include thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting sinks, toilets, mirrors, and surfaces.
- Restock all supplies in lunchrooms and bathrooms.
- Manage routine upkeep of exterior areas, which include picking up trash & debris and cleaning/sweeping of sidewalks and stairs.
- Clearing of snow from sidewalks and sprinkling salt/sand on outside walking surfaces, several times a day if needed.
- Occasional assistance with moving heavy equipment and furniture.
- Occasional assistance with assembling furniture.
- Handle emergency cleaning and upkeep requests.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous working experience as a janitor
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets
- Integrity and ability to work independently
- Dependable for attendance and consistent work
- High school diploma preferred or comparable work experience
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- can focus on the details of the work
Benefit Conditions: Waiting period may apply
- Health Benefits: (30+ hours) All new employees are eligible for health benefits on 1st of the month following your hire date. STC has both PPO and HSA options available. Employees can qualify for a 50% wellness discount off premiums.
- 2 weeks Combined Time Off (prorated for mid-late year start) AND 9 Company Holidays and your birthday, all paid!
- 401K: Employees are eligible to invest immediately. STC automatically invests 3% into your 401K and employees can invest additionally with employer match up to 1.5%
- Overtime eligible: Time and a half after 40 hours, Double time after 45 hours. Double time is paid to employees who choose to work on a holiday
- Attendance Incentive: Employees with perfect attendance are entered into a quarterly drawing.
- 20% Shift differential for 2nd shift
Work is performed in three different buildings which can be noisy and dusty, as well as hot during the summer. Proper personal protective equipment is provided by Superior Technical Ceramics where necessary. Work can be physical with occasional periods of long standing. Work with cleaning solutions is customary.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Cleaning Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location