BrightFlow Technologies, one of the Carolinas premier MSPs, is seeking an experienced and hardworking Managed Services Support Engineer. BrightFlow Technologies has been supporting the Charlotte area for over a decade and has built a solid reputation of fast, friendly and reliable support. Our combination of professional support coupled with a casual environment for our technicians and engineers makes BrightFlow a fun and challenging environment to take your skills to the next level.
BrightFlow's Support Engineers are a critical component to our continued success. Our Engineers will field all inbound calls from our clients, along with working on escalated support tickets. Customer service and a positive attitude is paramount, along with a keen technical mind and the ability to diagnose the client’s issue quickly.
Day to day responsibilities of a Tier II Support Engineer:
· Answer all escalated service support tickets in a timely and professional manner.
· Full setup of Windows servers, including AD, GPOs, data migrations and software installs.
· Full setup of Windows PCs, including fresh OS installations, data migrations, software installs and profile configurations.
· Assist senior level and field technicians as needed.
· Provide outstanding customer support to all clients.
· Properly documenting work performed to the client in a user-friendly and easy to understand way while also providing technical documentation and notes to co-workers and internal documentations systems.
· Ability to quickly troubleshoot technical issues over the phone, video call or email.
· Great personality with an upbeat attitude that works well in both an individual and team atmosphere.
· Ability to simplify IT to clients through verbal and written correspondence.
· Excellent writing skills.
· Exceptional phone etiquette.
· Ability to multitask across several systems simultaneously.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills.
· 3+ years of client facing helpdesk support.
· Advanced use of administrator-level tasks with the following: Windows Server 2008(r2)/2012(r2)/2016/2019
· Experience working with Connectwise Manage & ITGlue
· Experience working with Sophos firewalls, SentinelOne, Datto and RMM systems
· Good understanding of Active Directory
· Deep understanding of the OSI model and practical knowledge of TCP/IP (firewalls configuration, NAT, connectivity troubleshooting)
· Previous experience or good understanding of virtualization technologies; VMware ESX(i), Microsoft Hyper-V
· 4+ years working client facing helpdesk support.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 3-5 years of technical troubleshooting experience in a role where analytical troubleshooting and problem resolution skills were required
- Certifications in server and networking highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Operate effectively in stressful situations
After passing a 90-day probationary period, you will be offered health insurance, PTO, company laptop & cell phone and use of company vehicles. We always have a fully stocked kitchen as well for all employees along with the ability to request your favorite foods and snacks weekly!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $44,000.00 - $54,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Windows: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place