Integrated Security Technologies, Inc. (IST) designs, installs, and services integrated electronic and physical security systems (access control, intrusion detection, video surveillance, physical barriers, etc.) for government and commercial entities. Though based primarily in the mid-Atlantic region, our team members dispatch to locations throughout the nation and occasionally overseas. In business for more than 20-years, IST continues to grow while maintaining a strong culture of teamwork.
IST is searching for a SECURITY DESIGN ENGINEER, located in our Herndon, VA headquarters.
Working in the Account Support department, the Security Design Engineer will interface with IST internal resources to support the essential job duties listed below. These duties will be fulfilled by interacting with the IST Business Development, Operations, and Engineering departments, as assigned, for security system design and various other support tasks. The selected candidate will be responsible for coordinating internal resources to drive completion of projects and closeout documentation. This position reports directly to the Senior Design/CADD Engineer and is under the overarching direction of the Vice President of the Account Support department.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Engineering Drawing Packages: Develop preliminary layouts and detailed design drawings from engineering files, notes, sketches and/or other mark-ups. To include wiring diagrams, one-lines, and as-builts in support of project requirements.
- Work closely with engineering and business development resources to design security systems based on client-provided specifications as well as industry standard practices.
- Use Autodesk/AutoCAD to efficiently and accurately design and draft plans.
- Ensure all CAD and IST standards are utilized. Identify and implement efficiencies where possible.
- Site surveys as deemed necessary to support system design and/or documentation updates.
- Support for RFP review/response to include requirements assessment and drawing takeoffs.
- Bill of materials development and equipment specification.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- 5 years’ experience in Access Control, Fire Alarm, Intrusion Alarm, Networking, and/or Video design or Technical experience.
- 4 years’ demonstrated experience utilizing AutoCAD.
- Experience in security system design for healthcare, government, K-12 and higher education environments.
- Experience with Genetec, Software House, Gallagher, Exacq and Milestone is a plus.
- An associate degree, or equivalent work experience (4 years), utilizing AutoCAD.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Excel, OneNote, Outlook, Power Point, Word, etc.).
- Team oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
FULL BENEFITS PACKAGE
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- 401 (k) w/company match
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
Integrated Security Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, sex, age, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
- demonstrated experience utilizing AutoCAD: 4 years (Required)
- Access Control, Fire Alarm, Intrusion Alarm, Networking: 5 years (Required)