The Field Service Engineer is responsible for performing the onsite installation, servicing and repair of complex equipment and systems, with emphasis on Cryo- transmission electron microscopes (Cryo TEMs).
In addition to servicing microscopes, the GTA Senior TEM Field Service Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with SFR’s customers. Ongoing and consistent communication with customers in your territory is paramount. An important aspect of the GTA Senior TEM Field Service job involves collaboration with colleagues and management, and to request help when required. The timely completion of supporting documentation and paperwork is imperative.
· Investigates and approves operational quality of system equipment. Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
· Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
· Conducts on-site installations of the full range of Thermo Fisher (formerly FEI) systems and their associated options and performs standards testing to ensure specifications are met.
· Provides troubleshooting and repair support for customers and other field service personnel.
· Cultivates and develops positive working relationships with customers, system users and company personnel.
· Travel, often on short notice, to customer sites to resolve problems or support other field service personnel.
· Completes and submit field service reports.
· Provides training for customers and users on system maintenance.
· Provides feedback to product quality teams.
· Provides appropriate input in writing updating and correcting various Thermo Fisher FEI/SFR system documentation.
· Provides input for various reports including identifying and isolating unique problems with system.
· Acts as a subject expert and resource for training.
· Other duties as assigned.
This position is ideal for an experienced service engineer wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of customer application areas. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
· Typically requires a University or technical degree/diploma or equivalent experience in high vacuum electronic system troubleshooting.
· Requires greater than 5 years hands on technical experience installing, repairing, and calibrating complex analysis tools such as SEM, TEM, FIB or similar systems. Experience on FEI instruments preferred.
· Ability to deal effectively with customers.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
· Trouble shooting skills to component level.
· Literate in Windows software environments.
· Able to read and interpret schematics.
· Familiar with UHB phenomenon and technology.
The position offers a competitive employment package and compensation commensurate with experience in a friendly and collaborative work environment. The position will start Immediately.
For more information on SFR, please visit: www.sfr.ca
SFR is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Accordingly, reasonable accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in relation to the materials or processes we use in the recruitment process.
Reference ID: GTA TEM FSE 2021
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $25.00-$40.00 per hour
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call