- Meets with current and potential customers to define and document requirements for engineered solutions or systems
- Coordinates with supporting engineering groups to select appropriate pumps and configurations, abatement modifications, software configurations and thermal product needed.
- Translates Integrated Systems requirements into a system specification document and obtains customer approval
- Develop Request For Quote (RFQ) used in creating part numbers and factory estimates based on system specification document
- Coordinate with sales to develop BOMs for quotations and submit forecast orders for approval.
- Participate in reviews and approval of engineering designs with product managers and operations & engineering teams
- Coordinates 30/60/90/Build release reviews as needed based on system complexity
- Coordinates and conducts first of kind build source inspections
- Coordinates change control and specification changes for first build and high volume build integrated systems
- Develops source inspection and final test requirements documentation and leads inspection team
- Reports design status vs schedule requirements
- Create Pass-down PowerPoint for conversion scope of work
- Works with Technical Documentation group supporting installation procedures and support documentation
- Coordinates the first system installation activities including, but not limited to preinstallation facility walk, site arrival inspection, equipment laydown, POC setting, electrical and hazardous gases availability, and production release
Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or similar industry/military experience
2+ years experience in the design/customization of electro-mechanical vacuum systems
Experience discussing and negotiating directly with customers during the specification, design, construction and testing of equipment.
CAD experience desired
Experience working in a manufacturing and/or electronics environment
Experience with interpreting mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
A minimum of three (3) years work experience required in a technical or manufacturing environment
Operations or process design experience is a plus
Edwards is a leading developer and manufacturer of sophisticated vacuum products, exhaust management systems and related value-added services. Edwards solutions are integral to manufacturing processes for semiconductors, flat panel displays, LEDs and solar cells. They are also used within an increasingly diverse range of industrial processes including power, glass and other coating applications; steel and other metallurgy; pharmaceutical and chemical; and for scientific instruments in a wide range of R&D applications.
Edwards has over 4,000 employees worldwide engaged in the design, manufacture and support of high technology vacuum and exhaust management equipment. Edwards has state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Europe, Asia and North America.