SRCE is in the process of executing an accelerated growth strategy by aggressively diversifying through developments of new markets, customers, and product offerings. As a component of this strategy, SRCE recently launched a Repair offering for a current market in Agriculture electronics as well as a new diversified market in Marine electronics. The R&R Engineer position will use test experience to conduct the failure analysis of returned product and identify the failed components for repair.
Reporting to the Electronics R&D Manager, this position will conduct the Electrical Test efforts of the electronics reman and repair process. Primary responsibilities will be the initial assessment, testing and troubleshooting of a diverse array of electronic devices. Assists the Electronics Engineering Manager through ongoing development of test practices for repairs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES::
- Develops best practices and test methods for evaluating and troubleshooting Repair and Return products;
- Configure test equipment for Repair and Return products;
- Develop and maintain a database of failure modes and possible fixes;
- Recommend product/component improvements that may be implemented to enhance the standard remanufacturing processes;
- Responsible for accurate troubleshooting of electronic units to a component level;
- Ability to effectively interface with and communicate electronic repair requirements to manufacturing personnel;
- Responsible for product testing to ensure effectiveness of repairs;
- Work with Manufacturing to achieve the committed return time frame for repaired units;
- Participate in and support the principles of Open Book Management and recognize the responsibilities of being an owner of the company;
- Required to follow safety standards. Required to wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas;
- Work attendance must be exemplary.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES::
- Assist in root cause analysis of component failures, and offer recommendations for improvements to remanufacturing processes based on that analysis;
- Assists the Capital Budgeting process and evaluates new and potential capital equipment;
- Recommends and implements new processes, controls and testing methods;
- Work closely with the Team to provide a safe working environment and a quality repaired product;
- Able to effectively work within a Team environment;
- Work within and comply with the requirements of the SRCE ISO 9001:2015 QMS;
- Promote a positive working environment to achieve the organization’s goals.
Work is performed mostly in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to harsh conditions for short periods of time is possible.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. Lift and or move up to 20 pounds and 40 pounds occasionally.
MINIMUM SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS::
- Must have experience in troubleshooting electronic devices down to a specific failed component on an array of electronic devices, included but not limited to:
- Printed Circuit Board Assemblies
- Control Modules
- Electromechanical Devices
- Must have one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline OR at least three years towards a Bachelor degree in technical discipline with intent on completing degree within first year of employment.
- Industry experience equivalent to technical background that would have been gained from formal degree.
- Experience in product engineering, warranty or repair in manufacturing facility preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Computer experience in Microsoft Office Applications as well as email and web-based applications required.
ADDITIONAL SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE PREFERRED::
- Engineering certification.
- Familiarity with LEAN practices and Continuous improvement activities.
- Knowledge of data processing capabilities and procedures, including the use of microcomputers.
- CAD software skills, Solid Edge or AutoCAD
- Customer service experience.
- Good understanding of both financial reports and budgeting process.
- Higher education in job discipline.
- Requires the desire to expand personal competencies and capabilities through training and education.
- High level of energy and motivation.