We are looking for a talented individual who can support our Mission and Purpose of being a self- sustaining, profitable communications company which positively impacts the lives of others today and in the future. Datron World Communications Inc. recognizes Servant Leadership, in all that we do, to inspire and equip those we influence. Our Servant Led culture instills opportunities to create a higher level of trust, transparency, authentic communication, fairness, respect and honor among teams.
The Firmware Engineer will possess with 3+ years of practical experience and is responsible for the design, implementation, test and documentation of firmware for Datron’s communications products. Success in this job requires the ability to work independently as well as being a team player. The nature of the work requires quick decision-making, based on knowledge of pertinent information and an intention to reduce risk factors as much as possible. Careful, critical analysis of new ideas or innovations is important to assure any changes align with and support established practices. The job requires getting things done quickly and handling a variety of activities within a well-defined job scope.
Defines, designs and implements software sub-systems, functions and modules for new or existing products. Maintains legacy firmware to resolve known issues and add features. Performs testing and debugging of software and hardware troubleshooting during software development. Generates, maintains, and documents software requirements and unit test requirements. Generates and updates software design artifacts in area of responsibility. Attends and contributes to software code and design reviews. Provide schedule inputs for areas of responsibility. Perform other duties as assigned. Live according to the company’s core values. Adhere to Datron World Communications, Inc. Quality Management System. Adhere to all DWC policies and procedures including work rules, safety standards and departmental operating procedures.
- C, C++, C#, HTML, XML, Motorola Assembly Language
- Experience with RTOS, Multitasking, interrupt services, priority, file handling, memory management, etc.
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) incluing but not limited to SRS, CM, Unit Testing and Defect Tracking.
- Experience with Networks – TCP/IP stack.
- Experience with MODEM – waveforms, baud rate, etc
- Experience with Systems Level development.
- Experience operating in an IDE debugging/development – ICE, Visual Studio
- Skills in Object Oriented Analysis/Design/Development – UML
- Demonstrated understanding of SNMP protocol
- Bachelors or higher degree in CS, CE, EE or equivalent experience
- Datron is an equal opportunity / affirmative action / disability / protected veteran employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
- Datron participates in the United States Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify program.
- Datron promotes a drug free work environment