Please apply at the link below to be considered
APT is currently seeking a Senior Systems Safety Engineer in Dahlgren, VA.
This position will lead and perform system safety engineering efforts, to include:
- Performing tasks focused on development of system safety analysis by identifying, documenting, and tracking resolutions of safety anomalies; coordinating, developing, and executing comprehensive technical data packages, Safety Assessment Reports, Preliminary Hazard List, Preliminary Hazard Analysis, Subsystem Hazard Analysis, System Hazard Analysis, Operating and Support Hazard Analysis, Health Hazard Assessment, System Requirement Hazard Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Developing and coordinating presentations
- Supporting various boards and technical panels, including the Weapon System Explosives Safety Review Board (WSESRB) and its Technical Panels, Laser Safety Review Board, and Department of Defense and the Department of Navy Insensitive Munitions Reviews
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Required Minimum Education/Experience:
- Education: A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, business, or technical discipline; or US Naval operational experience at the E7 level or higher.
- Experience: Seven (7) years of professional or operational experience in systems engineering for DoD weapon system programs with two (2) years of qualified experience as a System Safety Engineer.
Security Clearance Requirement (applicants selected for positions requiring a Security Clearance will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information): Secret or higher
APT is an employee-owned company specializing in conducting safety analyses for the U.S. Government. APT offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and excellent benefits.
APT is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. APT provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. APT maintains a drug-free workplace and performs background checks. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans, and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.
APT is committed to expanding access to employment for people with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and your disability prevents you from applying, please advise what reasonable accommodation APT can provide to assist you in applying for one of our open positions.
Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation for applying for a specific posted position will be responded to. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis.
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. All resumes will be treated in strictest confidence.
Requisition Number: 2020-40
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Engineering: 5 years (Required)