MA Onsite Hardware/Software Support Technician/Engineer
Technician/Engineer Job Description
We are a technology and innovation company operating since 1995. We are leveraging our vast knowledge and experience to make the world a better place through innovation. Our key initiative now is to fundamentally change the restaurant industry. Our online fully customization menu and order platform will forever change the way we all go out to eat. Join us and join a revolution of innovation. We have more than 20 Patent claims already submitted to the US Patent office and more to come. An established Technology Managed Service Provider has an immediate opening for new members of the team.
Become a leader at an innovation company, that puts people first. Do you enjoy exploring, identifying, and inspiring the future of the workplace and the lives of millions of people? At jIT Solutions, we are striving to become the world leader in innovative products that give millions of people the one thing they want most, more time. Our Technology team is comprised of brilliant engineers, architects, data scientists, infrastructure experts, and more. We are the first in our industry to offer an Innovation Platform to streamline operations at scale for almost any business. We build a SaaS solution that customers love from the moment they see it. We deliver highly automated, intelligent, and predictive solutions that are redefining what is possible. We are committed to leading the way in product development and research, empowering you to bring to life the latest innovations that will forever change the way businesses manage their most vital asset, employees. While saving businesses and consumers alike their most precious resource, TIME!
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Critical Thinking, Integrity is Everything, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
Our Vision: Lead every consumer and every business into a pattern of giving to charity every day. Streamline and automate the connection of consumers and business through state–of–the–art engineering of innovative products and services. Build products and services used by every smart device and person on the planet. Serve our global and local communities daily. Educate and inspire everyone to do their part in making the world a better, safer, kinder, and more compassionate place. Bring friends and family together while helping people cherish experiences of the past, present, and future.
Our Mission Statement: Build high-quality innovative applications, services, and products that inspire consumers and businesses to become raving fans. Treat every employee, customer, business, and person with dignity, respect, and caring. Deliver services that customers want, need, expect, deserve, and love. Become known in the world as a leader in Innovation!
An excellent computer technician/engineer must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must be customer-oriented and patient to deal with difficult customers. We are seeking a highly motivated, professional who is looking to join a growing family-owned business as a Technician/Engineer. This position is essential to ensure continuous operations for our users and customers. Working with the Director of Information Systems, the Technician is responsible for the day to day support for our employees and customers all over the United States. This position will primarily be located in Middleboro, MA. Daily trips to the office are NOT required. However, there is onsite work in Southeast MA will be required on occasion. This position may also require limited other travel as needed to support business and customer needs.
The Technician is a support role responsible for providing direct support to end-users. Support will be provided mostly in remote control scenarios using a variety of tools/platforms. The Technician will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the help desk ticketing system including but not limited to managing tickets from open to close, assigning SLAs and closing tickets within those SLAs, and prioritizing all support requests based on business needs. The Technician will also collaborate with team members and management to ensure a consistently high level of support is provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance.
- Provide technical assistance and support onsite at customer locations, remotely through direct connect, and via phone for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems Desktop and Server, tablets, phones, various software, and hardware.
- Required Onsite setup of hardware, system configurations, and troubleshooting (90% within a 30-mile radius of Middleboro MA)
- Respond to tickets in the ticketing system.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Train users.
- Maintain daily checks in the RMM system. research, resolve or escalate issues.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software, and peripherals (onsite at customer locations).
- Troubleshoot Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), WIFI, and other systems.
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs.
- Perform onboarding and offboarding tasks needed to prepare IT equipment and resources.
- Provide a high level of internal customer service with a strong sense of urgency.
- Perform preventive maintenance regularly and timely.
- Track and analyze common problems to identify trends and work with management to resolve and minimize similar issues.
- Proven experience as a Technician/Engineer or other customer support role
- Tech-savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, Windows servers, databases, and remote control
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues. Ask questions to determine the nature of the problem. Walk customers through the problem-solving process.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Follow up with customers to ensure the issue has been resolved.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements in procedures.
- Customer-oriented, cool-tempered & patient.
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills, and clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Independently solves problems and regularly demonstrates critical thinking skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize based on business needs.
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Demonstrate an active interest in learning new skills and gain knowledge to enhance skills and abilities
- Azure Cloud System Management
Education and Experience
- Knowledge of business (POS, B2C & B2B) procedures, processes, and equipment helpful.
- Advanced technical education/certificates
- Knowledge of and experience in the following areas:
- REQUIRED: Microsoft Windows 10 (and older)
- REQUIRED: Microsoft Windows Server 2012R2, & 2016 and later
- Linux Server Support
- Absolutely REQUIRED: Problem-solving in a terminal services environment
- Powershell, HTML, Scripting
- Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, & Teams
- Voice over IP telephones
- Help Desk ticketing
- Smartphones, tablets, and integrations
- Project Management
- Proficiently speak, read and write English
- Ability to take notes quickly through typing, speech to text, or other technology.
Bonus Income is based on profit and can exceed the annual base pay
Related keywords: computer technician, information technology, it, computer, technician
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $58,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
All employees are allowed to work remotely. If coming into the office, masks and distance requirements must be met at all times.
- Windows Server Troubleshooting Support: 5 years (Required)
- Windows Desktop Support: 5 years (Required)
- Azure Cloud: 3 years (Preferred)
- Phone and Remote Support: 4 years (Required)
- HTML or other development: 3 years (Preferred)
- PowerShell: 3 years (Preferred)
- Blogging or Documentation Writing: 4 years (Preferred)
- Server Terminal Services RDS Support: 2 years (Required)
- Linux Server Support: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cyber Security Support: 3 years (Preferred)
- Computer networking: 4 years (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place