Poznecki-Camarillo is looking for a Civil Engineer with drainage and roadway experience to join our team. This position is responsible for the design of streets and drainage projects. The Civil Engineer will work under limited supervision and will be responsible for producing quality deliverables on time, within budget, and within scope.
- Responsible for leading the design of street and drainage systems for state and municipal projects in accordance with federal, state, and local guidelines.
- Drainage design for transportation projects such as roads and bridges
- Development of preliminary plans through final PS&E construction plans and specifications in accordance with TxDOT and various municipal standards
- Serving as leader and/or support for various project assignments to include roadway design and drainage/H&H modeling
- Prepare drainage reports along with exhibits for agency review and approval.
- Coordinating and managing daily activities/schedules of various assigned projects
- Provide mentorship and guidance to less experienced staff to ensure tasks and quality deliverables are completed on time, within budget, and within scope
- Will assist in developing business relationships with existing and new clients for the firm with an emphasis on cultivating, managing, and maintaining superior client relationships
- Communicate with internal staff, subs consultants, prime consultants, stakeholders, and governmental agencies
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the state of Texas, or must be able to meet the requirements to obtain licensing within the first year of employment
- TxDOT experience and ability to provide a list of pre-certifications
- 5 years of experience with drainage design, analyses using hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) models such as Geopak Drainage, HY-8, HEC-RAS, and HEC HMS
- Understanding of storm water management, hydrology, and hydraulic practices in order to complete drainage studies
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, across all levels of the organization
- Proficient in MicroStation, Geopak, Excel, and Word
- Works well in teams as well as independently
- Standard work schedule is 7:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday through Thursday, 8 am to 12 pm on Friday, with occasional overtime with option to flex schedule.
- Project management experience in the transportation industry
- Previous experience in TxDOT consulting engineering projects
- Experience with OpenRoads
- Experience with collaboration software (ProjectWise, BlueBeam, etc.)
- SWMM modeling experience a plus
- 3D Design experience
- Experience with business development, marketing, and networking in the Texas marketplace
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
To keep employees safe, our employees are primarily telecommuting. Additionally we are following CDC guidelines for our limited office and field staff.
- Drainage Civil Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Are you a licensed Texas Professional Engineer? (Preferred)