The Manufacturing Engineer is primarily responsible for the development of manufacturing processes and producing efficient, effective, and high quality CNC programs to machine parts according to the specifications set by the customer. The programming requirements are to support the CNC lathe, 5-axis CNC mills, and Coordinates Measuring Machines for use in the manufacture and inspection of prototype and production of those machined parts.
Position Specific Responsibilities
- Receive and evaluate customer design information, drawings, and data.
- Verify that all customer design information and data meets and supports original design intent.
- Communicate directly with the customer and/or the Product Development Engineers regarding any discrepancies with the models, the drawings, and design intent.
- Develop a manufacturing process to effectively machine, produce, and inspect a quality part according to the customer’s design and intent.
- Build accurate geometric CAD models of 2-D turning, 3-D milling, and CMM probing geometry according to customer drawings and design intent.
- Advise and consult with project managers, machinists, and/or tooling staff to determine best approach and tooling requirements to manufacture parts.
- Provide high quality and efficient lathe, 5-axis mill, and CMM programs to the applicable department using appropriate CAD/CAM software tools.
- Provide high quality, efficient lathe programs to the lathe department using appropriate CAD/CAM software tools.
- Design methods and generate CNC lathe tool paths, with input from machinists.
- Provide high quality, efficient 5-axis mill programs to the mill department using appropriate CAD/CAM software tools.
- Provide high quality, efficient CMM programs to the quality department using appropriate CAD/CAM and inspection software tools.
- Coordinate lathe, mill, CMM programming priority and time to support the shop schedule.
- Continually improve daily work and practices in terms of quality and quantity.
- Search and implement technical advancements, improving quality and quantity, which will benefit the engineering department and TURBOCAM, Inc.
- Provide other CAD modelling, 3-axis mill programming, and other technical services as needed.
- Upkeep of records and paperwork.
- Work with Product Development Engineers and sales department to provide estimates of programming time and manufacturing time for new jobs.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Qualifications & Requirements
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 4-year Engineering degree or related experience.
- 2 years’ experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment, preferred.
- 2 years’ experience using CAD and CAM software.
- Proficiency in MS Office: Outlook, Word, and Excel. MS Project and ERP software (Epicor) preferred.
- Strong math and trigonometry skills.
- Ability to read design prints, understanding of ASME Y14.5M Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, and familiarization of inspection equipment and gages.
- Ability to learn and teach.
- Must maintain adequate near vision by means of annual test (per the requirements of Work Instruction WIQA.05).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills.
- Moderate physical activity requiring agility and manual dexterity, including walking, standing, or bending as well as lifting or moving objects.
- Requires occasional lifting and carrying of 25 lbs. or more and standing for extended periods of time.
Our Culture at Play:
Here at Turbocam, we have a Commitment to Excellence in everything that we do – whether that’s the engineering and manufacturing of our product, our relationships with customers around the globe, or the investment in those that make Turbocam such an exceptional place to work. We make this commitment to our team by:
- Prioritizing our employee’s health and wellbeing with our two on-site fitness centers, basketball court, squash court, walking trails, and our free fitness classes and wellbeing seminars. Let’s not forget our fully-integrated health and wellness software, designed to engage and drive our team’s wellbeing!
- Our ongoing investment in professional and educational development, including a state-of-the-art Educational Center with on-site dedicated staff, training and development opportunities, and tuition reimbursement programs.
- Carefully-crafting an employee-focused benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k, Short and Long-Term Disability, Paid Parental Leave, 9 paid holidays, and 11 days of PTO accrual for the first two years
Advancing Our Mission:
The creation of our Mission has led our culture to where we are over thirty years later. Throughout our day, we purchase food in our café and choose which charitable organizations Turbocam will donate those funds to, pumping thousands of dollars per month into the community; our Charity of the Month enables our employees to promote their passion company-wide and highlight an organization in need. And, outside of work, we pay employees to get out and volunteer for up to eight hours per calendar year at an organization of their choice – sometimes as far away as India or Nepal!
Interested in Committing to Excellence? Learn more about us at www.turbocam.com.
All offers of employment are contingent on the satisfactory results of a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening, both arranged and paid for by TURBOCAM.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused