About our group:
Do you want to work on cutting edge technology that pushes the limits of what a whole industry can do? You will have the exciting opportunity to help push the areal density of Seagate recording heads beyond that of any other competitor in the world. Our team's mission is to develop and implement metrology for wafer characterization and process control for state of the art recording technology. Recording head process technology encompasses all disciplines employed in semiconductor wafer processes technology, performed in a clean room environment.
About the role - you will:
- Directly responsible for the development and implementation of metrology for wafer process control.
- Develop, test and optimize various wafer metrology techniques for use on both research and development (R&D) and production wafers.
- Create recipes as required across selected metrology toolsets.
- Conduct gage studies and implement control methodologies.
- Perform detailed analytics on the resulting data using a variety of statistical analysis tools and prepare/present technical reports.
- Work with equipment vendors to evaluate new equipment/software and document the results for use in purchasing decisions.
- Coordinate with relevant software and equipment vendors to plan appropriate applications support as well as delivery of scheduled or needed upgrade capabilities.
Your experience includes:
- Individual must be able to work and communicate effectively across shifts with a diverse group of engineers and technicians.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills; strong initiative and motivation.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent troubleshooting / problem solving skills
- Statistical data analysis skills; proficiency in metrology gauge capability analysis, calibration and statistical process control (SPC) methods considered a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with thin film metrology techniques, including ellipsometry.
- Ph.D. degree in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering or other relevant science or engineering field, or B.S. / M.S. degree plus 5 years of experience in thin film related research or technology industry
Our Normandale campus spans two suburbs, Edina and Bloomington, and serves as the Recording Head development and manufacturing arm of Seagate. Located in the heart of a bustling community, Seagate offers an on-site café, or if you prefer, you can drive to one of many restaurants just minutes away. Need to grab a gift over lunch time? Shopping is abundant in the area. If working out is your thing, the on-site fully equipped fitness center hosts wellness programs, outdoor activities, tournaments and group workouts. Looking for something more laid back? Reset in one of our meditation rooms, or simply take a walk around our indoor walking path. On-site cultural festivals, celebrations and community volunteer opportunities also abound.
Corporate, Monday to Friday
Normandale, United States