Foxconn Industrial Internet (Fii) provides innovative design and advanced manufacturing capabilities through Artificial Intelligence driven solutions. Dedicated to the expansion of AI-driven platforms, Fii centers around Cloud Based Computing, Big Data, High-Speed Networks, Automation, and Industry 4.0 methodology.
The Industrial Engineer is responsible for developing and supporting the production process of all assembly operations. This candidate will support design for manufacturing (DFM), perform production yield and efficiency improvements, and tooling design. This role will directly support equipment and processes needed for PCBA production at Foxconn.
- Optimize and configure processes and equipment for building surface mount electronics assemblies.
- Perform design of experiments (DOE) to optimize SMT process yield.
- Specify equipment requirements for new PCBA build processes.
- Develop design for manufacturability (DFM) guidelines for PCBA Designs.
- Provide solutions to streamline circuit board assembly and test processes.
- Reflow soldering, Selective soldering, and Conformal coating
- Facilitate a close relationship with the engineering team during design, build, and test to provide design feedback
- Lead efforts to uncover root-cause and develop a permanent resolution on issues found during production
- Develop a robust set of test machinery that includes critical spares for ensuring complete uptime.
- Determine schedule impacts for unforeseen design or process changes in production
- Provide clear communication between the design engineering team and the production floor
- Concerning product tooling, confer with engineering teams and suppliers to ensure efficient production methods and schedules
- Utilize lean manufacturing tools; recommend improvements in production methods, standards, tooling, equipment, layout, procedures, product designs, and employee efficiency
- Support the transition of products from development to volume production
- Work with the design team in response to manufacturing problems, parts obsolescence, and minor requirement changes
- Prepare and maintain documentation required to ensure efficient production
- Participate in design reviews to conduct DFM and DFT recommendations with innovative and cost-effective solutions.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
Education Requirements and Ideal Experience Includes:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- 3+ years of direct experience working in SMT or PCBA process engineering desired.
- Hands on experience with optimizing SMT pick and place, reflow oven, conformal coating, or through hole soldering systems
- Strong work ethic and a drive to succeed is required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or off shifts in support of production demands.
Foxconn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Foxconn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday