Notice of Open Position Engineer/Supervisor-Operations & Maintenance-Atlanta
This position is primarily responsible for providing technical expertise related to Automated People Mover (APM) systems, troubleshoot complex problems related to electro/mechanical systems and subsystems, and develop solutions, guided by precedent and working within the limits of established policies.
The Predictive Index Assessment: Because we believe that our people are our most asset and we are committed to providing a dynamic environment where everyone can be their best, we ask that you help us to understand what drives and motivates you at work by taking The Predictive Index Assessment. The Assessment will be sent to you as part of the recruiting process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight for all technical issues related to the APM systems. Record the maintenance activities on all systems in the Maintenance Management Information System (MMIS) and ensure that preventive maintenance activities are being performed in compliance with recommended schedules.
- Troubleshoot problems with systems, identify causes, develop repair plan and communicate plans to technical staff.
- Perform failure analysis on APM systems, as necessary. Review failure reports identify trends and develop processes to alleviate and minimize recurring failures.
- Coordinate with MHIA engineering department staff to resolve technical issues requiring documentation or drawing changes to ensure consistency throughout the organization.
- Ensure employees and subcontracted employees are fully trained to perform assigned tasks. Monitor work as necessary to assess skill levels have been achieved including the safe use of equipment and techniques.
- Communicate recommended or mandated changes in procedures or maintenance activities to technical staff. Identify need for and facilitate additional training as procedures change.
- Schedule and monitor assigned technicians, subcontracted employees and subcontractors work to facilitate the diagnosis, adjustment, maintenance, and repair of APM system. Monitor the work of technicians to ensure safety and compliance with government, Company, and customer regulations and policies.
- Communicate directly or through Manager – O&M regarding Human Resources and personnel issues relating to employee benefits, compensation, performance evaluation, discipline or other related issues concerning assigned staff. Provide information and documentation requested by HR department and distribute documentation received to staff as required.
- Prepare and submit a variety of periodic reports related to shift maintenance activities and system availability. Submit requisitions to management for parts, supplies and materials requirements.
- Provide backup managerial services in absence of Manager as requested.
Other duties may include:
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements. Notify Manager of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
This position may be responsible for the daily operation of the assigned shift by directing subordinate staff, usually 15 to 20 employees.
Tools and Equipment used:
Maintenance Management Information System (MMIS), computer and peripherals, standard and customized software applications and tools, usual office equipment, micrometers, oscilloscopes, analyzers, calipers, power tools and hand tools necessary to perform electro-mechanical and maintenance services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability required:
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in electromechanical field required.
- Prior APM experience preferred.
- Prior use of complicated drawings, a wide variety of precision measuring instruments and knowledge of electromechanical equipment and processes required.
- Must be licensed to operate a motor vehicle and have a satisfactory driving record.
- Must be able to secure and maintain airport security clearance.
- Must be able to pass post offer criminal background check.
- Must be able to pass post offer drug/alcohol test, physical exam, and Ishihara test (Red Green).
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English language fluently.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical engineering or related field required.
*CMSI requires copy of acquired degree and or certification prior to the employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with help occasionally.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather); moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather).
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Supervising Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location