AirBorn Inc, a 100% employee-owned manufacturer for military, aerospace and other high-reliability equipment industries. Since 1958, AirBorn believes employees are the company’s most important asset. We, as employee owners, are responsible for the creative ingenuity that contributes to the company’s success. Part of the excitement of working at AirBorn is knowing that each one of us plays a role in shaping the future achievements of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing , developing, and testing all electrical components, equipment, and machinery.
- Responsible for increasing efficiencies, production quality, and volume.
- May provide consultation on manufacturing and processing projects.
- Analyze and reduce scrap increasing efficiencies.
- Details drawings and coordinates building of prototype product and testing.
- Responsible for writing and implementing required maintenance procedures, and performing actual maintenance as required.
- Performs a variety of tasks utilizing electrical engineering concepts, practices and procedures.
- Resolves problems related to assigned projects by working with vendor, customers, shop personnel, and others as necessary.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in engineering from a four year college or university, technical or vocational school,
- Three to seven years related experience or training, and / or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience developing power supplies, buck/boost converters, and inverters.
- Experience in the use of design tools such as Altium Designer, Circuit Simulators, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, and LabView.
- Ability to develop and read electrical schematics.
- Experience with embedded real time operating systems is a plus.
- Experience with embedded systems and Ansi C is a plus.
- Experience with Linux and embedded real time operating systems is a plus.
- Experience with ARM processors and PC/104 bus is a plus.
- Experience with test equipment automation (GPIB, RS-232, Modbus, Ethernet, USB) is a plus.
- Must be able to take direction, plan, and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to generate reports based on simulation and empirical testing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express complex technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Analytical ability to apply logical reasoning, test assumptions observes results and makes corrections.
[Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability/Vet]
ITAR COMPLIANCE This position requires access to or use of information which is subject to the federal International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants for this position must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines "U.S. Person" as U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., person admitted as a refugee to the U.S., person granted asylum in the U.S., or person granted the status of alien lawfully admitted for temporary residence to the U.S. under 8 U.S.C. §1160(a) (for special agricultural workers) or 8 U.S.C. §1255(a)(1) (an amnesty program).