GSL Properties, Inc. is an owner/manager of over 6,000 apartment units in five western states. We promote from within and hold our projects long term so we offer both growth and stability to our valued employees.
At GSL, our core value is a commitment to functional, beautiful, and affordable homes; and it shows! We have tenured proven employees, and we are dedicated to providing an excellent property management experience for our residents. This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual with a positive attitude to experience working with a dynamic team of professionals.
We are seeking an experienced Community Manager to join the team at our beautiful 106-unit Senior Section 42 apartment community in west side Santa Fe.
- Responsible for oversight, evaluation, motivation and accountability of office and maintenance teams. Executes a training plan for all team members to ensure they have necessary knowledge to be successful in their roles.
- Monitors ongoing physical upkeep of the property. Ensures high level of curb appeal and adherence to preventive maintenance programs.
- Manages financial performance, including implementing and monitoring rent increases and other revenue components to maximize revenue within existing regulations.
- Ensures compliance with landlord-tenant law, fair housing standards, and all GSL policies and procedures. Specifically monitors and enforces policies and procedures related to compliance with the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Program.
- Communicates effectively with employees, residents, vendors, Home Forward, service providers and partner agencies. Manages resident relations, including lease enforcement and security functions.
- Oversight of information systems for tenant data, compliance, expenses and payroll. Performs (and/or assigns, monitors and approves) all property-level accounting functions. Prepares required weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on a timely basis.
- Develops marketing and resident retention programs. Adheres to property resident services plan.
- Exhibits good time management and organizational skills, high level of attention to detail.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible property management experience required
- Experience with affordable (LIHTC) housing strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field from four-year college or university preferred
GSL Properties, along with its affiliated companies, is a vertically integrated developer, builder, owner and manager of apartment communities in five Western states. We are committed to our role as a premier provider of quality affordable housing. We promote from within, and we hold our properties long-term, so we can offer both growth and stability to our valued employees. We currently hold about 6,000 units, primarily in the Portland, Oregon and Albuquerque, New Mexico markets, with additional projects under development in multiple locations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Property Management: 2 years (Preferred)