ABOUT US: ZOOMLION, a leading player in the global engineering machinery industry is growing and has positions available at Zoomlion North America's engineering research and development center in Yorkville, Wisconsin.
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity to share and expand your skills, consider joining Zoomlion North America’s creative, innovative and collaborative team, where we live these concepts….every day. Our R & D Center in Yorkville, Wisconsin is a great place to become globally connected in a multi-cultural team driven environment.
Here at Zoomlion, we are looking for the most qualified applicants who are inspired by the opportunity to create innovative technology driven solutions for a global market.
Perform engineering duties in planning, designing and analysis tools, structural design and other mechanically functioning equipment (excavator, agriculture, MEWP). This includes direct involvement in all related design activities and engagement with cross-functional support staff to ensure project goals are met. Evaluate products, parts or processes for cost efficiency and reliability and work with other members of the engineering staff in a team environment to ensure that production is completed per project plan and timely.
- Perform simple and complicated hand calculations and/or analyses.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, or computer-generated reports.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Collaborate with engineers or other personnel as appropriate regarding any essential engineering functions and to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, or provide technical information and/or assistance.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Conduct research that tests or analyzes the feasibility, design, operation, or performance of equipment, components, or systems.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Develop, coordinate, or monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, or operation of product designs.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, or other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, or maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects.
- Provide feedback and guidance to design engineers on customer problems or needs.
- Apply engineering principles or practices to emerging fields, new technologies and engineering concepts and practices.
- Study industrial processes to determine where and how application of equipment can be made.
- Design test control apparatus or equipment or develop procedures for testing products.
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 5 plus years of experience in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Previous experience in Construction, Heavy Industrial, AG equipment
- 2 plus years of experience in Root Cause Analysis and 6 Sigma Tools.
- Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
- CAD software, Siemens NX preferred, Pro-E/Creo, ANSYS, Matlab, MathCAD
- Familiar with: Industrial engineering standards (ISO, ASME, SAE, ASABE, etc.) and Complex manufacturing processes
- Critical decision-making skills
- Zoomlion NA offers competitive pay and benefits.
- Job location is Yorkville, Wisconsin
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)